Just A Bit Stressed Out

Start from the beginning

"But I do," Marlena breathed out as she began writing another check. "If I don't get it done, it'll never get done. Besides, I'm almost done anyway."

"I can take care of it, Mar. Please don't stress yourself over this," Greyson said, his tone serious and slightly concerned.

Marlena put her pen down and looked at him. "I'm not stressed, Grey."

"You're easier to read than a children's book, Marlena Claire," Greyson remarked. "Don't lie to me."

She frowned and began scribbling away once more. "Fine, I'm stressed out, okay? But I have to get over it—not only for my sake, but for Mason's and everyone else's. I have no choice but to be an adult now, and I know I'll never be half the one my mom was, but I have to try."

"If it's anything to you, I think you're absolutely fantastic at adulting," Greyson chuckled, giving Marlena's arm a gentle squeeze. "You took care of Mason for so many years while your mom worked her ass off to pay the house bills; you provided clothes and food for him all while trying to manage your own issues. Most people your age can barely do half of that for themselves."

"I guess you're right," Marlena sighed, "but this is just one more thing I have to add to the list. I just want the best for us—I just want the best for Mason."

Greyson smiled at her words. "And that's exactly what you'll give him. Your mom would be so proud of you, y'know?"

"I would hope so." Marlena smiled up at Greyson, "I just wanna thank you for everything, Grey."

Greyson chuckled. "You're practically my kids. I'd do anything for you. But I've gotta be heading off to work now, though," Greyson informed her as he removed himself from the couch. "Think you could have dinner ready for me when I get home at three in the morning?"

Marlena gave him a look, earning a laugh from Greyson.

"I'm totally kidding," he leaned down to press a kiss to the top of her head, "but I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Marlena smiled and nodded, continuing her work with the numerous bills. Greyson moved to open the front door, only to stop as it swung open in front of him.

"Oh, Greyson," Wanda snickered. "I apologize."

Greyson raised his brow at her peculiar demeanor before shifting his gaze to Bucky, who stood behind her trying to hide the amused smile on his face. He wasn't quite sure what the two found so funny, and he didn't think he wanted to know. All he wanted to do was get to work and somehow forget he was sharing his residency with a bunch of physically enhanced idiots.

"Have I ever told you what a delight it is having you weird ass superhumans living inside my home?" Greyson remarked.

Bucky pushed his way passed Wanda, patting Greyson on the shoulder as he did so. "No, but you could stand to mention it more."

"Please for the love of God don't break anything," Greyson said as he inched out the door.

Wanda smiled at him. "I make no promises."

Greyson merely rolled his eyes and shut the door behind him, leaving Wanda and Bucky scurrying off to find Marlena. They headed into the living room, where Marlena was still more than focused on writing checks for bills. The two exchanged glances with one another before heading over to the couch and plopping down on either side of her.

"What are you doing?" Wanda asked as she grabbed the check from Marlena's lap. "And what's Dish Network?"

"I'm paying bills like normal adults do," she replied, grabbing the check from her hands. "And it's a TV thing—I don't know."