Chapter 2

The remainder of the day was pure hell!! They had an hour for lunch at twelve O clock - although the food may or may not have been edible; it looked like puke!! Kanan and Anakin told their friends what Ezra had told them about surviving prison, as well as what they had found out about the boy. During the lunch break, Ezra was sat in a tree, perched on one of the stable branches where he could see the whole courtyard, as well as a little bit of the outside world over the wall.  It looked amazing to him. All of a sudden, the work alarm rung out and all of the prisoners returned to their work stations; the two Jedi's greeted the teen when they reached the rock beating area. 

Within thirty minutes, one of the guards yelled out "Bridger!! Get to the mine now!!" this immediately earned a groan from the boy as he dropped his hammer. "Em...mine??" Anakin asked with a raised brow "yeah, there's a mine here in the prison and I'm the only one that can actually get down there since I weight the least" he explained; Kanan shook his head as he was at a loss for words "just...be careful" was all he said. The teenager rolled his eyes with a smirk "relax, I've done this more times then I can remember" and with that, he ran off to begin his other job. The two men could see the area where the mine was; Ezra tied a rope around his waist and through his legs as a make shift harness before carefully climbing down into the dark and creepy hole that led to the mine with a small flashlight. 

"So...what was all that about??" Anakin asked as they paused from their job "what do you mean??" his friend asked in confusion; this earned a chuckle as he began to understood. "You're worried about Ezra, aren't you??" it was more of a statement then a question "am not!! He's a tough kid, he'll be fine" who was he trying to convince?? Anakin or himself?? Either way, it was a clear lie "I've known you since we both became Padawan 's Kanan so I know when you're lying" Anakin reminded with a smirk "you care about the kid, nothing wrong with that" Kanan just focused on his job; his friend got the message loud and clear and did the same, a smirk plastered on his lips. 

Many more long and exhausting hours passed by until the fifteen year old returned to the two men "hey, how'd it going??" he asked as he joined them "it's good...ish" Kanan stated as he took a sip of his water; a guard had offered them a towel or some water. Both of the Jedi followed the teens advise and took the bottled water. "We've smashed up six of these rocks so far" Ezra sent them a smile of encouragement "not bad for your first day" he reassured before joining them for a couple more hours until a yell from the head guard could be heard "be in your cells in five minutes!! New prisoners be near the wall!!". 

Ezra said goodbye to the two men before they all did as told; the Jedi's were relieved to see his friends also stood by the wall, okay by the looks of it - they were just absolutely exhausted!! "Hurry up!! We need to assign you all cells" the head guard stated as they approached the cells "put the two females to cell 165" two guards did so "take the Lasat and Skywalker to cell 284" two more guards did as told. It seemed the head guard had to think for a moment for Kanan "put Jarrus in cell...191" the remaining guard seemed completely surprised but did as told. This just made the Jedi worry; who was he going to be cellmates with?!

"Get up street rat" the guard ordered as he shoved the prisoner into the cell "you have company" and with that, he left and locked the door To Kanan's surprise, Ezra jumped down from the top bunk "oh, hey Kanan" he greeted with a smile; Kanan returned the two kind gestures. The two spoke for a while until it was declared "lights out!!" and the lights literally went out. Ezra climbed up onto his bunk and lay down; Kanan did the same underneath "night kid" a few moments passed before he heard "night Kanan".