Exorcism Part One: Possessed

15 year old Anna belle lived with an abusive father, who beat her and hurt her every day when she got home from school. So after the police arrested him for child abuse she was sent to live her mother, Maria, in a farmhouse on the edge of town....

15th of June, 1999

Anna opened the front door to her mother's house without a care in the world. She was finally free of her father and she would never more know the fear of being bruised and hit with a belt or a bat. Maria was in the hallway ready to greet her daughter with open arms. Anna Belle happily stepped into them, smelling the familiar sent of roses and fresh bread. It had been years since Anna saw her mother but it all came back to her in a second, the memories they shared together. She had missed her mother and was very eager to pack away her things, to make the fact that she was staying here official.

She ran up the old beat up wooden stairs and into the room which she had once stayed in. Maria had changed the room to make it more grown up. The bed sheets were a deep red and her once pink fairy curtains had been changed to heavy brown ones. She put the little things she had in a closet and went to join her mother for their first dinner together, unaware that the bag she came with was being dragged to the corner.

***

Anna belle turned off the lights around about 10 that night, after talking about school with her mother for three hours. She loved her mother but not so much that she was going to stay up all night. She jumped into bed and pulled the sheet up to her chin. They were still cold and smelled of cheap detergent. She closed her eyes and smiled only to open her eyes again. Her sheets were being pulled downwards. Anna sat upright and stared in horror as the first one was ripped off the bed entirely. The end of the bed was pushed downwards, like someone was sitting there. One by one a new dent appeared in the mattress, coming closer and closer towards her, like someone was crawling on the bed. Anna couldn't scream and she couldn't run. Her eyes were as wide as dinner plates and then, she passed out.

***

Maria went to wake up her daughter the next morning, eager to continue the conversation they were having last night. She had found her daughter just, not where she expected. She was in the bathroom, crouching down and then getting up over and over again.

"One.... Two... Three.... Four..."

Her hair was in the way of her face so Maria couldn't see her expression. All of a sudden Anna stood up and laughed. Her laugh was twisted, a whispery laugh that sent chills up Marias spine. Anna's body was slightly shaking like she was vibrations and her head was thrown in different directions. Once it was throw in Maria's direction, showing Anna's pale but muddy face with her eyes rolled back and her mouth in the shape of an "O". Tendrils of her black hair were sticking to her sweat covered face and her mouth was stained red. Her back was bent backwards at an impossible angle but still she laughed.

All of sudden she stood upright and faced her mother, who had hid behind the corner. Her face wasn't muddy and her black hair was neatly combed back, her face wasn't red and was smiling. She was confused however. She picked up her toothbrush and began to brush her teeth.

"What is it mum?" she asked between spitting out the toothpaste.

Maria just slowly backed away with a subtle "nothing" and proceeded to Anna's room in a daze. Her bed was already made and everything was nice and clean, like it was never touched. Maria held the vacuum uncertainly in her hand. She shook her head and went back down stairs to serve breakfast. She took the bread out of the oven and put in on the window sill to cool while she got the jam. She turned to get the bread when she saw a face up against the window. It was Anna.

Her mouth was again in the shape of someone screaming and her eyes were wide and staring. She pressed her forehead up against the glass and tapped on the window. It began to rain and mud splashed up against her white dress. Her mouth went into a menacing smile. Although Maria could barely hear anything against the rain her words burned into Maria like a hot iron.

"Come out and play with me"

Anna pulled away from the fogged up window to reveal the face of a man. His eyes were black and his mouth was in the same setting as Anna's. His face looked like it was rotting. Anna stared at the picture happily, like it was the best thing in the world. She danced around in the rain, her arms out stretched and her head upward. She skipped around in circles muttering the same thing over again.

"Six....Six...Six.........Six...Six...Six"

In a brief decision to call for help, Maria ran to the phone. She reached the hallway, the phone in clear sight. So Maria had a good view of it being torn from the wall and dragged out the door.

Maria screamed.

(This is only one part to this so don't worry. Also I would like to thank Sam for giving me the idea for writing this. It is based on the Movie: "Exorcism of Emily Rose" even though I haven't seen it ^.^)