Blood rain

Blood Rain

Leah was 12 when she brutally bashed and left to die on an abandoned street. Now, 6 years later she finds herself taking long routes and refuses to take risks. So what happens when on a rainy day she breaks that vow?

2nd of September, 2002

Leah had barely left her home since she was twelve in fears of the people that left her to die would come back and finish the job. So she made sure that when she did leave, she would make sure it was a quick trip there and home. One evening she found that she ran out of butter while cooking her dinner. So with a quick mental argument she grabbed her coat and umbrella, walking to the 24 hour shop around the corner. While she was there she decided to grab some things for the next night's dinner and accidently crashed into a man.

"I'm so sorry," Leah cried, bowing over and over again like she had seen in all the movies she used to watch.

The man stood up and handed her back her things with a smile. "It's perfectly fine. I hope you weren't injured?"

Leah knew her face was turning red. It usually does when she interacted with beings that were nice to her. "I-I'm fine," she stuttered, willing herself to shut up. By now she would have run home screaming like a building was on fire and yet she felt strangely attracted to this man. Why? All he did was talk to her and handed her things back when she ran into him.

"Why are you so scared little Kitten?" He purred, never taking his eyes off her. She felt tired and dizzy and just wanted to go home.

"It's a long story," Leah replied. But she told it to him anyway. After she finished she was in tear and sobbing so hard her chest ached.

"I'll take care of you," the man said touching her face. "You will never be scared of them again."

Leah went home in a daze, still befuddled by what had happened in the shop. She reached home and started to finish cooking her dinner when the phone rang. It was a police officer. He talked about how three men were dead and wondered if she had anything to do with it. At first she was confused, saying that she had never left the house unless it was urgent, until the police told her the names of the victims. Leah dropped the phone in shock. It was her tormentor's names, the ones who beat her to near death. They were dead. Murdered! They died from blood loss after something sharp pierced and ripped out their necks. She hands started shaking, recalling the man's earlier promise "You will never be scared of them again." Had he done this?

There was a knock at the door and Leah unwittingly opened it due to shock over the news she just heard. Standing in the doorway was the man, wet from the rain pouring down. He smiled and she saw that his mouth was stained red and his canines were longer and sharper than before. His eyes were wide and he stared at her like a cat watching a mouse. He swept her an elegant bow, never taking his wide hypnotic eyes off her. "I took care of it. Won't you invite me in?"

I'll let you imagine what happens next.

Scary storiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara