A Pair of Fangs

~A pair of Fangs~

Thea was an ordinary school girl in high school, junior. She got good grades and she hung out with the quiet people or "library geeks" as they were called by the cliché bunch or girls. But Thea didn't mind. She was more concerned about not failing the upcoming maths test. Yes, her world was perfect until a boy in black decided to muck up her day...

11th of November, 1998

Thea was late to class when it happened. The mean girls had stolen her book and threw them onto the roof and told her that if she wanted them she would have to climb like the primitive ape she was. She had of course. There was no way she was going to leave them up there when she had 3 exams coming up. So she ended up running to class and running into a new student. That would be sure to score her cool points AND she had dropped her book again. Agitated she leaned down to pick them up when she saw they had gone a very strong looking hand holding them out to her.

She looked up and froze. He was sleek looking with messy black hair with white streaks running through it. His eyes were hypnotic, a blue green you don't see in most people. He smiled at her and she noticed how white his teeth were and how sharp his canines were. She wanted to roll her eyes and stomp away but he held her books. She gingerly took them from him and offered a small "thank you" before sprinting off to class in a hope that she wouldn't be TOO late. She was in such a hurry she didn't notice him running after her. She had a sudden panic attack and screeched to a halt. She turned to face him with Fury in her eyes.

"What do you want!? I'm late and you're wasting my time!"

He stopped too, mock surprised. "I just wanted to know where my English Extension class was."

She stared for a moment. "That's my class... I guess you can follow me then..." She walked back down the hall thinking that now she would at least have an excuse for being late...

Thea got home early. She managed to catch the bus without attracting attention from the horrid girls and their self-appointed leader Tina. In fact since lunch they hadn't bothered her. In fact they were all too busy hanging around him. Yes, the new kid got very popular, very fast. His name is Kyle and apparently moved here with his parents after a long overseas trip. Normally Thea wouldn't have cared but he just kept staring at her in class. She could feel his gaze on her back and imagine the look on his face, serious and curious. She threw a pillow at the wall and then heard a knock at the door. She opened it without thinking and there stood Kyle. He wasn't smiling and held out the book she lost after English. She took it about to open her mouth when he interrupted.

"Tina had it in her bag. I took it back for you and don't worry I didn't read it. I don't find English that interesting." He leaned against the beam of her balcony and grinned when she couldn't find the words to say. He shrugged off the beam and walked over putting his hands on either side of the door, staring madly into her eyes.

"Do they give you trouble?"

She just nodded, absent minded touching the bruise she received that day.

"Let me in."

His request was so sudden that she jumped back and stumbled into the chair and table. Her eyes widened and her face flushed from anger.

"No!"

His eyes went wide and he growled- LITERALLY GROWLED, like a wild animal. Thea didn't know whether to laugh or cry, be amused or be scared so she settled for both. His hands started shaking.

"Let me in. Let me in. Let me in. LET ME IN!" His eyes were manic and out of control. His knuckles were white and blended in perfectly with the white wood of the door frame. "If I stop those girls from being mean to you will you let me in?"

She knew he couldn't do it so she agreed, the minute he stopped them from being mean to her forever he was allowed in. He left with a gallant bow and a promise to return soon. She rolled her eyes when his back was turned and went to go watch TV.

An hour later she dozed off and dreamed of the nightmarish scene which happened at her door. She could imagine every little detail and was constantly replaying the scene which frightened her the most.

"BREAKING NEWS ON CHANNEL 7 NEWS"

Thea snapped out of her dream and focused groggily on the screen in front of her. The channel 7 news lady stood outside the front of the house.

"Hello, I'm Wendy Thorn with this breaking news. 30 minutes ago we were informed of a tragedy of local high schooler Tina Render who was brutally murdered outside her home. The police believe the killer to be-"

The TV screen went blank and behind Thea, holding the remote, was none other than Kyle, blood on his mouth. He looked down at her and gave her a fake innocent smile.

"I told you I would take care of it."

Thea screamed as he lunged at her, his eyes blazing like wild fire and with speed like lightening. Pain exploded through every part of her as she was thrown into the wall and something sharp pierced her throat. Thea fell to the ground in a puddle of blood and with her last breath she muttered the name.

"Kyle..."

12th of November, 1998

Wendy stood at the front of a girl's house and fixed her makeup. This was the second victim to the "Throat Ripper" as people called the unknown killer. However this one was unusual. Usually the killer only kills one a day. This time... there were two...