Tears of Blood: Sequel to Pair of Fangs

Tears of Blood: The Pair of Fangs Sequel

15th of November, 1998

"This is Wendy Thorn with late breaking news. I am standing outside the abandoned wine factory where another Victim of the Throat Rippers has been found, drained of blood and lifeless. Yes, I said the plural "Rippers" as in the police have begun to consider the possibility of two killers loose in our small town. 27 year old Paul and his 65 year old father had suddenly vanished and their corpses found this morning. Meanwhile the search continues for the two teenagers who disappeared, Thea and the new boy Kyle. If you hear anything please notify the police or the parents. This is Wendy Thorn standing by." Wendy made a "cut" sign and walked gingerly to the news van with a smug expression. Anybody would be terrified of going near a crime scene but Wendy relished in the mayhem knowing it would be a good story.

Wendy went over the footage to see if she needed to re film it when a black smudge suddenly appeared in the background at the top of the factory. It quickly vanished but it had the figure of a person. Wendy started shivering with excitement. She had the Killer on Film! The camera man whose name she had forgotten wanted to take a picture of the corpses. She thought about it for a while but agreed in the end and walked down the dirt walkway surrounded by dead trees to the inside of the factory. It was dark inside and the only light that shone was a flash light from the police torches.

They shone on the victims who eyes were blank and un-moving. Their throat was covered in wet blood, indicating how long they had been dead for. What's more is that they wallets and keys had been taken and the wound on their artery looked like it was slit to cover up how they really died. They were also swimming in a puddle of dark sticky blood. Wendy shivered with anticipation and reached out to stroke the corpse's cold dead hands. As soon as she made contact with the clammy white skin a sudden image popped into her head. Red eyes... Sharp canines... and a muffled scream.

Wendy quickly yanked back, almost falling over in the process, hands shaking and out stretched. A couple of the police crept cautiously toward her with concern on their faces but Wendy just waved them off and practically sprinted out the door and to the news van. She had to wait several minutes before the camera even emerged from the factory, no doubt getting footage for the show and jumped into the car.

***

Wendy got home around 7:15 that night and put some leftover chicken in the microwave to be re heated for dinner that night. She couldn't get those pictures out of her head. Those eyes were red and framed with thick black eyelashes and were somewhat hypnotic. Those teeth her like daggers, they could easily cut through flesh and veins. And that muffled scream showed that one must have killed him while the other stopped him from yelling for help. One by one Wendy put the pieces together. Two missing people... two killers... right after a bully of Thea was killed...It was beginning to make sense. But how to tell the police...

There was a knock at the door. It was sharp and full of purpose. Wendy didn't want to answer but if was someone from the show then she would get fired if she didn't. She shuffled across the bare timbre floors and opened the door a crack. Standing at the front were two kids, teenagers actually. One was a boy his hair was black with white streaks through it. The other was a girl, her black hair was wavy and had red streaks through it. They both smiled kindly.

"Hello. My name is Lyle and this is Kia. We were heading home when we got lost. May we please use you phone?" The boy asked.

Wendy smiled her winning smile. "Of course, Right this way." She opened the door for them and they stepped inside. They laughed when they got in and she locked the door. Wendy thought nothing of it. Kia turned around and stared at her and Wendy panicked. Red eyes... Thick Black lashes... Wendy turned to unlock the door when a strong hand of the boy stopped her. His eyes were red and he was flashing his sharp canines at her, threatening.

"We lied before. My name is Kyle."

"And I am Thea." The girl bowed.

"And we," The said in harmony, "have got you now."

Wendy ran down the hall and the lights went out, leaving her alone in utter darkness. She stood still, listening to the evil laughter that filled the house. Something came streaking past her and she felt something wet dripping down her cheek and land on the floor. Her arm twisted around and she heard her bone break. She felt air at her neck and then everything went quiet.

16th of November, 1998

The police searched the house of now deceased Wendy Thorn. She was torn up beyond recognition and everything valuable she owned was gone. Curious bystanders stood by while they wheeled Wendy's mangles body to the morgue. Among them were two teenagers with black streaked hair, skipping out on school...