t h i r t y - s i x

Repentant Sinner

Continued

You woke up, feeling a little dizzy. You were searching for Arthur's warmth but nobody was beside you. You forgot all about searching for it as soon as the events of that night flashed in your mind.

It's been a week since then and you've been sleeping in Michelle's room along with Alfred. Every feeling contradicted each other, leaving you undecided. You couldn't forgive him, but you suddenly remembered,

"The time will come when you will find out. Be it a man or a woman, please, don't bear a grudge against them."

"Revenge belongs to God. It doesn't belong to me, you nor anybody."

"Don't take revenge. It will leave you with an ugly feeling."

Those lines were the only things that held you back from hating Arthur completely. He didn't want you to hate him; that's probably why he said that.

You fell back on the bed again, feeling emotional. Who knew that this guy you loved was actually a killer in the past?

Even though he was genuinely guilty and repentant for what he had done, you still couldn't bring yourself to forgive him, regardless of seeing tears streaming down his face. You've never seen him cry so much before, let alone just look pained.

Ever since that night, Arthur didn't talk to you, and neither did you go near him. He didn't look at you, he didn't smile, he didn't joke around with you anymore, nothing.

It was as if he went back to who he used to be when you first met him: cold, emotionless and ready to pull out his gun to kill someone who disobeyed him. 

Nobody talked to you about it either. No matter how curious they were, they didn't dare sail in the troubled waters. Nobody looked happy on the ship.  

Thirty minutes passed and you were getting famished. But today, fear and stubbornness kept you holed up in the room. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Lovino." said the voice from outside.

"What do you want?" You asked, sighing in relief.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah." you mumbled.

"I have food with me right now. Do you want me to come in or leave you alone?" He asked again.

"Come in." you sighed. You wouldn't want someone with food to leave.

The door opened with a creak and Lovino came in a plate of warm spaghetti.

"Here." he gave the plate and fork to you, "Eat up."

You took the plate and twirled up the spaghetti and ate it. It tasted really juicy and flavorful. Just what you wanted to calm your raging hunger.

"Can I ask you something?" Lovino asked and sat on the chair which was by the bed. You raised your head and looked at Lovino curiously, while slurping the spaghetti.

"What do you feel about him? Do you love him or hate him?" He asked.

"I don't know." you replied.

"That Commander... he had never known what love from a woman was." Lovino sat back.

Your eyebrows were raised. The first woman to ever love a person would be their mother. How could Arthur not know it?

"His mother, the Queen, died right after giving birth to him. Therefore, he never met his own mother." He said, "You're the first woman who's ever showed some interest and love to him. So, don't leave him feeling desolate."