Chapter 1 -The Beginning-

Authors note- okay guys here it is, comment feedback. Don't be to rude, up above is what Kylie looks like ok so enjoy :) xx

Kylie's POV.
Sometimes you know something bad is about to happen before it does. You know something's not right. You get a really bad feeling.

That's exactly how I feel right now. Something's not right. I slowly and hesitantly walked down the stairs I didn't hear the usual sounds of my mother and father cooking breakfast, I didn't hear the sound of the tv and the morning news reporter talking about the weather, but I could hear the light buzz of my mother's special radio, I slowly called out "mother?", no answer, suddenly my father came rushing through the front door screaming "RUN KYLIE!  RUN! THE DEAD ARE COMING!" what the heck is going on, I thought to myself.

After about five minutes of panicking I ran upstairs into my bedroom, I grabbed my school backpack and emptied everything all over the floor, I hurried to put a few outfits in my bag, I got my hair brush, toothbrush, my phone, charger, earphones, some underwear and my favourite teddy.  I looked under my bed and retrieved another quite large backpack, I got lots of blankets and two pillows,  I ran downstairs with my duffle bag and filled it with as much food as I could and I also collected all the water bottles in my house and threw them in the bag. I rushed around the house collecting photo albums and our valuable things, I went into the kitchen where my father handed me a huge knife and said "you need to learn to protect yourself, aim for the head or they won't die. Don't get bit or you'll become one, understand?" I gasped "yes dad." Is this really happening? Where's mum? Where are we going? Thousands of questions rushed through my head I managed to get one out "dad" he looked at me while fiddling with the zipper of his backpack, "where's mum?" I said with a sad expression, dad looked up at me and grabbed my left hand "she got bit, that's how I know that if you get bit you turn" he explained while letting a single tear slip from his eye "we've got to leave, it's not safe here, I can't tell you where because I don't know" I slightly nodded and forced a weak sad smile.
Dad and I packed our jeep, dad locked the house, I don't know why but he did, then we were off, we drove for what felt like hours, we passed the empty overrun city as I began drifting off to sleep.  I slowly awoke from my slumber "Dad", I said, just above a whisper, "yes darling", he answered without taking his eyes of the road, I noticed how stressed he looked, his normally bright green eyes are very dull and grey almost, he has slight bags forming under his gorgeous eyes and his light chocolate brown hair was ruffled on top of his head.  "Ky?" dad asked bringing me out of my train of thought "uh what are these dead things called?" I asked "we shall call them biters because if they bite you..." he trailed off "I know" I looked down and let a tear slip just thinking that I will never see my mother's beautiful crystal blue eyes that always had a special sparkle in them, knowing I will never see her long blonde curls bouncing around when she laughs, I miss her already...

A few long hours after our drive out of the city, dad started making his way off the road into the forest "dad, why are we going into the forest?" I looked over at him "because, remember that tree house we built a few years back when we lived in the country?" I smiled "yes" he took a quick glance over to me "well I think it'll be safe to live up there, we'll just have to worry about other survivors now".

**Flashback**
"Come on Ky!" dad groaned, I giggled while crouching behind a big tree, I glanced down at my feet when suddenly I was lifted off the ground by two strong comforting arms "daddy" I laughed, mum came up and joined our little laughing fest. It was as an amazing moment and I know I will cherish it forever. Dad bought me back to reality when he said "let's build a tree house in this tree right here" he said while pointing to the big tree I was hiding behind.

In total it took about four months to build the tree house but we did it as a family, we added some glass windows with purple curtains, we put in three little chairs and a table. Dad and I painted the inside pink and the outside green. Then with the left over paint we ended in a massive paint fight, when we went home and walking inside laughing mum joined in and said "well, what do we have here two paint monsters" I giggled.
**end of flashback**

The memory upsets me now because I miss those moments.  "Here we are" Dad smiled, I lifted my head up so I could see the memory filled tree house and area "well come on Ky, let's move our stuff in" I slowly open the door to our matte black jeep and grabbed my backpack, knife and phone I hopped out with a thud as my combat boots hit the dirt ground. I looked up at the tree house the bright green paint has faded away and is chipping off due to the amount of sunlight that beams down on it. "alright up we go, Ky, you go first, I'll keep watch." I slowly approached the ladder and started climbing, each step I took was bringing back more memories of my beautiful mother and father in this tree house.

I reached the top and knocked on the door just in case, nothing, I opened the door and pulled myself up, I rested my backpack down on one of the chairs and called down to dad "dad, its clear, start chucking things up."
My dad started passing bags of food and water up to me, I just placed them in the back corner while dad passed another bag up and another and another. My arms were getting sore as I reached down and retrieved the last bag from my father, one of those biters came out from behind the tree and bit my dad in the neck, I screamed not to loud because I didn't want any unwanted company, I pulled the last bag up and slammed the door shut.

A/N okay 10 votes and 15 comments for next chapter xx