Chapter Twelve

Stacey's POV

BOOM!

"That was fun! Wasn't it?"

I turn to Charlie, who is looking at me, expecting an answer.

"Yeah.." I look out the window.

He sighs. "Look. I know you miss your freaks for friends, but--"

"They're not freaks." I say sternly, still looking out the window.

"Whatever you consider them, you've been apart of this gang for years, and you owe us. We saved your life."

"I'd rather be dead."

He slams on the brakes. "Why?"

I look at him, anger filled my eyes. "Because I'm tired of you pinning that on me! Your gang didn't save me, Jordan did! And now he's dead because of you!"

He doesn't say a word. Instead, he starts driving again. I guess he's starting to realize that they need me more than I need them. "I know they're going to come after you."

"Why do you suspect that?"

"Because they're stupid and don't give up until they get what they want. You will fight for us, whether you like it or not."

I cross my arms, and stare out the window once more. "When do you think they'll attack?"

"Soon. Very, very soon."

Delirious's POV

As we all get everything loaded into the truck for tonight, I try to calm myself by playing with Oliver, under Vanoss's orders, of course. He knows me so well. He's been my friend for as long as I can remember. I'm very grateful for him, and everyone else.

Oliver tackles me, and he playfully growls. I laugh, and he gets off. He runs to MacKenzie, who was calling for him, indicating that everything is ready to go. MacKenzie leaves him in the apartment, as for this will be a stealth mission and a dog would bark nonstop. We rode the elevator down, and we head outside.

I walk to the truck, and get in. Vanoss is in the driver's seat, while I occupy the middle seat. Nogla sits to my right in the passenger's seat. The girls sit in the back, while Moo, Wildcat, Mini, and Basically all sit in the bed of the truck. Lui is taking a helicopter and flying it across from their base. Thanks to Moo and Marcie, we found out where that was. Lui is going to snipe from the top of another building across from them. I look out the window, picturing different ways to kill Charlie, when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"While you were playing with Oliver, I gave everyone an ear piece so we have communications." Marcie says and hands me the ear piece.

"Didn't we already have these?" I ask.

"Yes, but Moo and I have upgraded these. These have a much greater range, and are just a tad bit smaller. Plus, we have had them adjusted to specifically fit your ear."

I look back at her, confused. "When did you have them adjusted?"

She looks down, embarrassed. Trinity chimes in. "Being the weirdo she is, while we were all asleep one night, she scanned our heads and got a 3-D image of everything. She could make us a mask that could fit so perfectly over our faces if she wanted to."

"Hey, we may need to one day! And you're gonna thank me!" She says defensively, making everyone laugh. It takes us about an hour to drive to our destination, which is still a little ways from our actual destination.

"In position, ready when you are." Lui says over the ear piece.

"Okay, look around and take out anyone that could spot us." Vanoss orders.