Chapter 2: Dinner with the new family

I looked in the mirror before I walked downstairs to join my future family for dinner.  I couldn't believe that in 2 days, I was going to be a princess.  I patted my dress one last time before walking out of my bedroom door, down the wide, never ending staircase into the colossal dinning room.  There was a long, brown table that seemed to go on forever that had plates, forks, knives, and cups.  The ceiling was high and it looked as high as the sky.  The walls were painted a dark maroon color with old family portraits hanging on the walls.  I looked back at the table and everyone was staring at me.   Suddenly the King laughed. 

"Sit down my beautiful daughter in law.  There is a time for looking around after we feasr uopn your welcoming."  He said, patting the seat at the rnd of the table in between him snd Henry, of course he had the head of the table.  The two seats in front of Henry and I, next to Queen Lizbeth, were empty and I was curious on who else would be joining us. 

"Sorry we are late, mother."  A dark skinned, handsome boy said as he ran in and say down in front of Henry. 

"It's fine Christopher.  Now, where is my daughter?"  She said, looking around at the door to the dinning room. 

"I'm here."  Said a small voice.

"I'm sorry."  She sat down in front of me, her head down.  I was tryingto focus on what she looked like but her long brown, wavy hair, in her face, blocked my view.

"Alyssa, what have I told you about being late, especially when we are greeting your new sister."  She looked up at me.  We stared into each other's eyes.  Her eyes were brown, the kind that you could get lost in, how would I know, you ask?  Because I was lost in them. 

"Elena?"  Henry called my name, I snapped back to reality, hoping thag would stop me from staring at the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.

"This is my sister, Alyssa."  Alyssa stuck her hand out and I didn't hesitate to grab it. 

"Hello Elena.  She said, her voice sounding inviting but still at this point, I had yet to see her face. 

"Hello Alyssa."  She looked up at me and I felt so privileged to be in her presence. 
  She had pale skin that showed off her natural pink cheeks.  Her lips were as red as an apple.  Her nose was tiny and unusual but it was unique and cute.  On her ears were pearls and around her neck was a pearl necklace.  Her dress was similar to mine, except it was more wrinkled and had dirt on it.
  Her chest peered out of her dress and it cinched at her waist.  Her long, brown, wavy hair rain in ringlets around her face, making her skin seem lighter.  It defined her jawline.  I couldn't believe she was real. 
  She looked so perfect, almost untouchable, an imagination but in fact she was real, I was holding onto her hand for dear life because if I would have let go, I think I would've died. 

"Appetizers first."  The chef said, snapping me out of my daze, snatching my hand back from Alyssa.  She smiled and winked.  I could feel my cheeks burning so I smiled.  While the chef and other cooks began to bring food out, Christopher signaled something to the king. 

"Elena, I forgot to tell you, this is my son-in-law Christopher."  He stuck he hand out and I grabbed it roughly.  He brought my hand to his lips over the table and kissed it with his chaped, rough lips.  I took my hand back as fast as I could.  Henry grabbed my hand under the table and entwined our fingers.  I turned and looked at him and mouthed 'thank you'.  He nodded it off and then reached for his spoon, gently placing it in the fold embroidered, white bowl and then carefully brought the hot liquid up to his rosy red lips.  She was staring at me and I could tell because when I looked up at her, her eyes were fixated on me. 

-----

I have never had a full course meal before, it was usually just a slice of bread, if we even had enougjh to spare throughout our 5 people family.  I've never drank expensive wine, it was always free wine from my mother's boss when she worked at the vineyards and it tasted like tarte.  I layed down in y bed and looked at the ceiling, this was the first tme I had actually seen the ceiling.  It was so high up, I had never seen ceilings this high in a bedroom.  it was high enought to fit a giant.  I felt so small in this big room and I suddenly felt the urge to cry and I did.

"Hello?"  Someone said, opening my door.

"Elena?"  I saw rhe bottom of the dress begin to show and then the skirt until finally Alyssa was standing in my doorway.  I wiped my tears off my cheeks.  I felt the need to look beautiful in her presence even though I knew I could never compare.   She walked over to me and sat down on my bed.

"Are you okay?"  I shrugged my shoulders.  The top of  her dress was cu around her arms and her shoulders peeked through.  I could see her neckline  her bones were so defined and beautiful, it looked so unreal.  As if she was a picture or a sculpture of something perfecr.  She smirked.

"Tell me what's really wrong, I mean we will be sisters in a couple days." She said, nudging me in my rib cage gently.

"I miss my family."  I looked up at her and started crying again.

"Oh, I'm so sorry.  I...I really don't know what to say."  She said moving a strand of hair out of my face. 

"Let's get you out of that dress."  Alyssa said, starting to untie the back of my corset.  She slowly took the straps off each of my shoulders and let it drop to around my hips.  I sat there, half naked in front of her.  She layed me down, then remove the rest of my dress before placing the comforter over my naked body. 

"Goodnight Lenny." 

"Alyssa?"  She turned around and smiled.

"Yes?" 

"I like that nickname."  She laughed before walking out of my room.

----
(A/N I'm sooooo sorry about this chapter.  It somehow got deleted and I honestly don't know why.  Anyway, I had it saved so I fixed it and now, here it is. Thank you for being patient and enjoy :)