8. Confession

A small bump, one I bet no one else would have noticed, but I did.

I started to panic because I didn't look right in anything I wore, at least not to my own eyes. I'd put on just a plain t-shirt for a moment, thinking there was no way that would accentuate anything I didn't want accentuated, but after a few minutes I walked by my mirror and hated it and I changed again.

The looseness of my next choice, a quarter sleeve light pink top, was just enough to hide something without making it look like I was trying to. They'd put me in something new when I got on set anyway, but Kim's clothes were never tight and I imagined it wouldn't created any sort of problem.

I stood in front of the mirror for a long time, turning to the side, tugging on my clothes and messing with my hair. I noticed how great my boobs looked in the v-neck of the shirt, and for just a brief moment I wondered if Leo had noticed that too.

I don't know why I kind of wanted him to.

As I was pondering my confusing feelings for that boy, my Mom came in my room, no knock. She'd been doing that lately, as if me being pregnant was her excuse to constantly check up on me with no warning.

"Mom! Can you knock, for real?" I said, raising my voice out of annoyance.

She just rolled her eyes. "Breakfast is ready. I texted you that, and I called your name."

I shrugged. "I'm not hungry."

I'd been feeling better, just like my doctor said I would as I left my first trimester, but I hadn't gotten my appetite back.

"You have to eat. We've been over this," Mom said. She sounded so tired.

We had. She'd said that plenty of times. I chose to ignore it and continue to say I wasn't hungry, knowing the exact reaction I'd get.

"I don't want oatmeal!" I insisted harshly.

I'd eaten oatmeal the past few days because apparently the only cereal we had was "too sugary" and "bad for the baby". I didn't care about that, but my mother sure did.

"You don't have to have oatmeal." She was trying to remain calm. I could tell because she spoke slowly, enunciating each word in vague exasperation.

"I'll be down in a minute."

She nodded, then started to leave my room, but before she could, I stopped her with a question.

"Wait, Mom," I called.

She reappeared in the doorway. "Yeah?"

"When do we tell people?" I asked quietly. "I mean, like, my fans and Disney and stuff, you know."

She sighed. "I talked to Chris about it. He said he'd handle it at first, then you'd have to talk on it. But you have to tell Leo before any of that."

"Yeah, I know," I said smartly.

"Okay, Olivia, I know you can't hardly help this attitude right now, but I'm gonna need you to at least try to fix it a little bit because you're driving me crazy," Mom finally snapped at me. I figured she would.

I crossed my arms in response.

"Oh my Gosh," she huffed. "Look, anyway you should tell Leo today."