c h a p t e r : 7

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?"

Barry asked the question in a harsh tone. Lilli wasn't sure if her was being serious or not.

"I just came in and reserved us a table." Lilli glanced down at her watch. "We have about ten more minutes."

Barry rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Lilli looked away from him and rocked uncomfortably from her heels to her toes. Barry seemed angry. He didn't seem like himself. Lilli took a deep breath and decided to try to spark up the conversation.

"So, Barry with an A, how was your day?"

"Fine I guess. Why are you asking? Why do you need to know? Why do you care?"

Lilli's eyes widened. "Sorry."

In that moment, the buzzer in Lillis hand did it's job. She compressed her lips into a straight line. 

"Time to go eat."

The hostesses seated them at a table close by the window. She handed the two brown leather bound menus with sighs. Barry rolled his eyes again and violently flipped through the pages.

"Are you okay?" Lilli asked him a little skeptically. "You don't seem like yourself."

Barry slammed the menu shut. "I'm fine! Why do you care? It's not like you know me that well anyways!"

People around Barry and Lilli started to stare. Lilli gulped. "That's why we are here isn't it? To get to know each other better?"

Another eyeroll from Barry. An old waiter comes up to them and filled their glasses with water. "Date night is it?"

Lilli let out a happy yes while Barry groaned and said "I guess." Lilli gave Barry a skeptical glance. He just sat there, looking at his feet.

The two sat in awkward silence, Lilli looked out the window, and Barry scanned the menu. A new waiter who came up to them was the one that broke the silence.

"Now, what shall we be having for dinner?"

Lilli ordered spaghetti and looked at Barry. His eyes seemed focused on the window beside him.

"Barry?"

Without giving Lilli a glance, Barry abruptly stood, closed his menu, and shoved it towards the waiters chest. "I gotta go."

Barry turned on his heel and left the restaurant while Lilli, and the waiter, stared at each other dumbfounded. Lilli crossed her arms and laid back in her chair.

 "Well now I'm pissed."

---

Lilli slammed her purse down on the kitchen counter and sighed. Maybe he had a bad day at work or maybe his cat died, I don't know! Lilli massaged her temples tried to get rid of all the bad thoughts. Barry certainly didn't seem himself and Lilli wasn't about to go ask. I need some fresh air.

Lilli made her way to the balcony and swung open the french doors. The crisp night air swept over her like a wave. She took a deep breath, her muscles slowly relaxing.

Just when she thought everything was calm, arguing voices erupted in the alley below the balcony. Lilli jumped to her feet and peered on the balcony railing. To Lilli's surprise, red flashes resembling lightning went back and forth in the dark alley way below. There seemed to be another hooded figure in the darkness below. Lilli didn't think, she changed into Obsidian and jumped.

The alley was a dark chaos. Lilli stood in the shadows, watching her red enemy. The hooded figure layed on the pavement, and shot an arrow at the Flash. It wasn't a surprise when the arrow missed and dug into the concrete wall behind the speedster.