Chapter #2- Jodie

Guys, I finally have it up! I'm very very very sorry that I took so long but it will most likely be like this all the time. So moral of the story; be patient with me. I hope yo forgive me for that and still enjoy reading my stuff. have fun with the chapters when they eventually get posted. Bye!

This place, I hate it. It’s the same every day. It never changes, ever. Being here in the orphanage isn’t really that bad. Huh, who am I kidding, it’s worse than ever expected. The other kids here are just plain old mean and treat me like absolute crap but really who can blame them, I am crap. I have been alone since I can remember and that starts to take a toll on a person. Having kids bully me and pick on me all the time doesn’t help either.

“Oh, look who it is! Jodie. Hello, off in your own little world again? Hmmm?” Oh great here is one of them now. His name is Julian and he is one of the biggest of my problems. He walked over closer to me and got right in my face. You could smell his icky breath as he breathed on me, gross. I just whimpered hoping he would leave me alone today. You see it’s my first day of school for the new term and I was getting ready to walk out the door just when he came over to see me. Just then he laughed, pushed me to the ground and walked away with the rest of his little possie. I quickly jumped up and ran out the door so I wasn’t late for school.

Once I reached the gates I was instantly relieved. None of the other orphanage kids come here so it is just me and I don’t have to worry about them. It lessens the stress I have, so I like it even if I have to walk a little bit further. The bell rung as soon as I got to the front doors, so I walked straight to my year 12 form room. Once sitting down the teacher called the roll and read out the notices. I wasn’t really paying attention til I heard one in particular; a notice about applying to be an exchange student. I had been looking for a way to get out of my life for a bit but was never able to think of any and probably wouldn’t do them even if I did. I’m far too shy and unsure for that. But this, this could be it. It’s only temporary and I get to go to another country. It would be a great adventure and maybe I could become friends with my host. They would be my first friend, ever. I was never really the friendly type. Sure I had people try to be friends with me but they never stuck around, probably because I was never really talkative. They just weren’t the right people to bring me out of my shell and into the open world. I need that person. I really do.

Once form had finished and I had collected a sheet about the exchange program I went to the next class. I sat through the next four periods thinking and thinking about this opportunity. I could do it, of course. And I want to do it. But the question is: will I do it? In any other situation I don’t think I would have but life at the orphanage has gotten out of control and I just need to get away from them there. And this is my chance. So I’m gonna take it.

Instead of going to lunch like everyone else I walked through the halls until I reached the office of the teacher in charge of the exchanges, Mrs Mc Guinny. I needed to talk to her about not having parents so I wouldn’t be able to get them to sign me over. She told me that she would give me the permission and that meant that I had to be on super good behaviour because I was now representing both her and the school. I was happy with this outcome and walked back out to the lunch room to eat.

After the day was through I walked back to the orphanage and told the supervisors about the program. I told them that I already had permission and that they couldn’t stop me from going. After our mildly heated argument about me staying here instead of running off for three months, I walked back up to my room. I shared with one of the other girls here; she was 15 and only two years younger than me. Her name is Sophie. She was left here when she was about 5 and despite everything she is actually pretty out there and happy-go-lucky. She is the closest thing I have to a friend and even though we are very different she seems to actually like being around me.