Naga!Cloud X Wolf!Reader

A/N: Again, sorry for the inactivity. This was, interesting to write for. It was fun, but I had to think about the idea for a while. I should be finishing more oneshots as I wean myself off of writing this lemon.

            Warm, morning sunlight made the dew on the blades of grass glitter brilliantly. The blonde, spiky-haired naga exited his den, stretching and yawning, as was morning routine. A subtle pang in his serpentine tail reminded him that he was going to need to hunt today.

"Yip!"

Caught off guard by the odd noise, the naga inspected the area around his cave. Nagas were highly territorial creatures, so it was natural instinct. When another high-pitched squeal rang out, he followed the noise to a small patch of tall grass. Situated on its rump, looking up at him expectantly, was a little wolf cub.

The tiny creature had [H/C] hair and [E/C] eyes. Its tiny tail wagged back and forth excitedly, an impossibly innocent expression plastered on its canine features.

At first, Cloud found it odd that the cub was around, as there was sign or smell of its mother, or a wolf pack in the general vicinity. However, when the furball began to approach him, he noticed that it had an odd limp. The cub hobbled awkwardly, almost cutely towards him, until it sat near his tail. Its mother had probably abandoned it due to its defect.

A low growl in his stomach reminded him that hunting was a top priority. But, when he tried to slither away, the little pup yipped and hobbled the best it could after him. It appeared to have impressed on him. He tried to shoo the cub away, but it gave him the sweetest puppy-dog eyes he had ever seen. Giving up, he decided to let it tag along. He felt bad for it, anyway.

The cub almost seemed to shadow all of his actions, from general movement to getting a drink. When it came time to hunt, the cub was a little bothersome. Being a 15-foot naga, stealth was key to taking down prey. It scared away some prey, which the naga had to reprimand it for. Eventually, Cloud managed to take down an unsuspecting doe. While eating, the naga noticed the the wolf cub seemed to be a little hungry.

Cloud took down a squirrel and gave it to the cub, which it ate ravenously. The poor thing wouldn't have been able to hunt properly with its defect.

Happily full and more than ready for a nap, the naga sprawled out in the meadow under the golden sun. The tiny furball curled up in a loop of Cloud's coils, dozing in the lazy afternoon. It suddenly occurred to Cloud that cub was going to stick around for a long time. He should probably give it a name. He moved carefully, so as not to awake the baby animal. He flicked the tail of the wolf to the side with his index finger. It was a girl.

He thought about it for a while.

_____ would be fine.

Yawing, he settled into a coil.

Being a dad was weird.