Chapter 1

POV: Annabeth  

Annabeth Chase was a daughter of a very rich family.

One day, her parents decided to go to the country for the summer.

"Do we have to go?" whined Annabeth.

"Yes." her parents replied firmly.

She was clearly unhappy she would have to spend her entire summer in the country.

"The car ride will take a few days, so start packing" her dad said sternly.

"Fine" she grumbled.

She started packing and muttered, "Why do I have to go? I'm old enough to stay at home by myself."

The next few days were hectic! She was so busy packing and trying to persuade her parents not to go or to let her stay home by herself, but her parents said no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, they left for the country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived in the country, Annabeth groaned she couldn't imagine staying here for the whole summer.

Her parents already had a mansion so they went inside and started to unpack.

She went to her room and thought at least this isn't too bad. I'll just stay in here for the whole time.

Sadly, her parents seemed to have read her mind and told her to go outside and explore the country.

Annabeth was too tired to fight with her parents and reluctantly went outside.

She was walking around when she spotted a coffee shop. She decided to go inside.

When she went inside, it had an average amount of people. Maybe this place isn't completely abandoned she thought.

Annabeth reached the front to the line and was about to order when she saw the cashier. He had raven black hair, sea green eyes, tall, muscular, and tan. To sum it up, he was cute.

She looked at his name tag and saw his name was Percy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV: Percy

Percy was having a dream about him being stuck in a land of blue food when suddenly his alarm clock woke him up.

"Ugh!" he groaned.

He looked at the time and saw he only had 10 minutes until his shift at the coffee shop began.

Percy quickly got ready, grabbed a blue waffle, kissed his mom on the cheek and ran out of the door.

Luckily, his work wasn't too far from his apartment and he ran and ran. He reached the coffee shop and checked his phone for the time. Just made it, he thought.

He finished eating his blue waffle and went behind the counter to start his shift. It was his turn to be the cashier and he hated it. It was always so boring.

Percy started taking people's order for about 2 hours. It was 11am. Only 1 more hour to go until lunch break he thought happily.

It was 12 and he was about to go, when he saw a girl with honey blond hair, startling grey eyes, average height, and tan. To sum it up, she was beautiful. 

He decided to take this one last order, only for her.

"What would you like?" he asked as polite as he could.

"One lemonade please." she replied.

Even her voice sounded angelic, and his mother would definitely like her manners he thought.

"One lemonade coming right up" he said while smiling.

She smiled back

Percy felt like he died on the inside. Her smile was gorgeous.

He handed her the lemonade and for a second their fingers touched a bit and Percy could feel a spark between them. 

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Annabeth" she said.

Even her name sounded pretty. Well, a pretty name for a pretty girl, he thought.

"Well, aren't you going to ask what my name is?" he questioned teasingly, he only meant it a little.

"Your name's Percy." she replied smirking.

"How'd you know. Are you a mind reader?" he asked.

"Your name tag says your name, and seriously, a mind reader. Such a seaweed brain!" she said while laughing.

He blushed and felt so stupid.

"I'm going to come up with a nickname for you too soon." he said confidently. "Also, what's wrong with a mind reader?"

Before she could reply, her phone rang. She pulled it out and talked so quietly he couldn't hear a word.

"I have to go, but I'll see you later" she said.

"Okay. But first give my your phone" he said.

"Why?" she asked 

He grabbed it from her hand and quickly typed in his phone number.

She grabbed it back but luckily Percy finished.

"There. Now you have my number. I'll be expecting a call or text from you." he said and winked.

She rolled her eyes and replied, "Whatever, I gotta go. Bye."

"Bye" Percy said dreamily.

A/N: Please don't comment 'Please Update' or anything like that because this is my first time writing a story and I also have to focus on my school work first. Sorry, but I hope you guys understand.  :)

~coldgreyheart~