Chapter 2

In all the time that I have been an auror I have never been late, not once, not almost, I was always on time or early. But today I was late. In fact not only was I late but I was not washed and I was wearing the party dress from the day before. 

I know that Harry Potter is my friend and everything but now I have another name to call him: Boss. Harry was "upgraded" to boss in 2007 and has been a fair leader for 7 years but I think we should get a new one now. I mean, sure he is my best friend and all but his head is as messy as his hair. 

"Hello Mrs. Weasley." My coworkers greeted me. My stomach sunk down to my feet and I realized that I forgot to tell them about the affair. C'mon Hermione you need to have secrets too. I thought to myself but I decided to tell Harry. When I reached my desk I put all my things down. Good thing I keep extra clothes just in case things like this happen. I thought.  I walked to Harry's office and knocked on the door. "Oh sorry, Harry I didn't know that you had company." I said turning around. "Oh no Hermione, please come in. It's an old friend." Harry said beckoning me back inside. Suddenly the man that Harry had been meeting with turned around and looked at me. "Draco! " I exclaimed. "Yeah, I told you, an old friend." Harry said. "Draco, can I speak with you for a minute, in private?" I asked. "Sure." He replied nonchalantly. He smoothly stood up and towered over me. Offering his arm, he led me out of the room. When we were outside, I led him into an empty closet and closed the door. As I turned back around he had both of his arms on each side of my head and was staring into my eyes. "What's wrong, Granger? Am I making you nervous?" He asked. I uncomfortably looked down at the ground and I could feel a blush climbing up my cheeks. "No, you're not. I was just wondering why you were here." I explained. Draco pushed off from the door and stood in front of me. "Like Harry said, I am just an old friend and I wanted to ask you on a date." He said. "Look, Malfoy, I know that I cried with you and poured my heart out to you, but that doesn't mean that I want, or wanted, anything more out of this relationship." I said. Malfoy looked at my left hand and smirked. "I see you didn't erase my number." He said. "Well yeah of course I didn't, you wrote it in permanent marker." I said again. "Well if you change your mind," He said looking down at my hand, "you know where to find me." Malfoy motioned to open the door and gestured for me to get out. "Sorry Malfoy, but I don't think I am going to change my mind." I said. "You may be smart, Granger, but not that smart." He commented then slinked back into Harry's office. I breathed out and slumped up against the door. No, Hermione you can't do this to yourself, you need to keep your eyes on the prize. I waited until I saw Malfoy leave the office so that I could go over to Harry to tell him about Ron. Finally, I heard the door open and I heard heavy footsteps heading towards the stairs. Breathing a deep breath, I got up and walked to Harry's office. *Knock Knock Knock* "Yes?" Harry called out. "Hey, Harry. It's me." I said walking in. "Hey, Hermione. What's up?" He asked looking up from a thick, yellow folder. "I am not going to sugar coat anything." I said. He stared at me quizzically and raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?" He asked. "Ron cheated on me." I blurted out. "What?" Harry exclaimed, slamming his hands on the desk. "Yeah, after what, 11 years of marriage, he thought that Lavender was more appealing to him than his own wife." I said, on the verge of tears. Harry stood up and went to hold me. "I am so sorry Hermione." He whispered into my hair. I stood up and rubbed my eyes, giving a weak smile. "Whatever, I'm over it." I said quietly. "I am going to go back to my desk now." I announced, walking back over to the door. "Hermione," Harry called out. I looked back. "It's ok to not be ok." I just weakly smiled again and kept on walking out the door. 

When I arrived at my desk my phone started to ring. Unknown number 020-3675-8870. I answered and said, "Hello?" 

"Hello Hermione it is your secret admirer." 

"Draco I told you I don't want anything more than we already have." 

"Who said that this was Draco?" 

END OF CHAPTER 2

Please vote!