Chapter 9

Percy Jackson didn't particularly enjoy being interrogated by an angry pirate.

When he was told to follow the director into a separate meeting room he was incredibly reluctant. He expected to be threatened, possibly arrested and definitely yelled at.

And, to Percy's surprise only two of the three occurred. Although the third nearly happened when Percy called him a pirate to his face and asked him which leg was the wooden one.

Yeah, that didn't settle well.

The interrogation went fairly smoothly. Kind of. There were a lot of questions on Fury's behalf and not a lot of answers from Percy. Fury, of course, was not impressed. But how could you blame Percy? He was not about to tell the director of S.H.E.I.L.D the most heavily guarded secret of all time. No way. He did not want that on his conscious.

This process went on for a while. Fury would ask him questions, and Percy would either make up a ridiculous response, laugh or simply keep his mouth shut.

What questions did Fury ask you say? Well, the better question would be what questions did Fury not ask.

"What is your name?"
"Who do you work for?"
"Why did you commit all those acts of terrorism?"
"What powers do you have?"
"How did you get your powers?"
"When did you get your powers?"
"Who trained you?"
"How did you beat the avengers?"
"Why did you fight in the battle against the chitauri?"
"How did you fight the chitauri?"
"Why did you go missing for so long?"
"Where did you go when you were off the grid?"

Etcetera, etcetera. It was all going relatively well. For Percy at least.

That was until Fury threatened his family.

Percy felt his hand clench into fists and his body temperature rising rapidly as Fury described what he would do to his mother if he didn't comply.

When Fury finished his sentence Percy stood up and stalked towards Fury. He raised his hand and as he jabbed his finger into the directors chest he felt a jug of water nearby explode, glass shattering everywhere.

"Don't you dare make even a single step toward my mother." The water that was previously in the jug flew towards Percy's outstretched hand. "Because if you do you will learn first hand exactly what I can do"

Satisfied that Fury was sufficiently scared, he let the water drop to the ground and quickly walked back over to the chair he was previously sitting on.

The director straightened himself up and smirked slightly, "Well Mr Jackson, I do believe we are done here", he said walking over to the door, and gestured for Percy to follow him.

Percy stood up and followed Fury out the door cautiously. What's with this man's mood swings? One second he is threatening Percy's family the next he is asking him to follow him all nice and friendly. Never the less, he followed the director down the weirdly long hallway until they reached a door that lead to a white, pristine meeting room. Fury opened the door and sat down at the head of the table. Before doing so, he patted a chair Indicating that Percy was supposed to sit there.

Great. He got to sit next to the temperamental pirate. How lucky.

He sat there in silence twiddling riptide, in pen form obviously, between his fingers. As he did so, the others started to trickle in. Ginger ninja, captain patriotic, Robin Hood, Tin can man, Bruce and even thunder thighs. The whole gang had arrived.