24~ Fake Concern?

"Sir .. Maam.. I can't do this anymore!!.... I can't" I said looking at Nyonika ma'am and Arav Sir who sat in front of me in the conference room.

" Nandini..... " he said.

"Sir... I had had enough... He has been humiliating me since day one... I just can't.... " I said stubbornly.

"Nandini.. Try and understand" said Nyonika ma'am.

"Ma'am... Don't take me wrong.. Even I have a life.... And I can't ruin it so easily... Even I have dreams..... " I said with teary eyes.

"Nandini.... You gotta stay with him... He'll go on the wrong way again!! " said Arav sir.

"Sir... I can't ..... Mujhse nahi hoga.... Waise bhi I have a lawyer in view... I'll arrange the divorce papers soon....and.... "

"And....? " asked Nyonika ma'am.

"And I have decided something..... " I said as calmly as possible.

.

.

.

" Nandini are you sure? " asked Nyonika ma'am as she made her way in my direction.

"Yes ma'am... " I said standing up from my seat.

"Okay then.. If that's what you want.. But till you get divorced.. You are not leaving that house... You can do this much.. Can't you? " asked Arav sir.

I thought for a moment before I finally nodded to his proposal. I looked at Arav sir one last time and then turned towards Nyonika ma'am. I found her in tears. I knew what a mom felt when she knew her child was taking the wrong but this time like I mentioned before, I had made up my mind. There was no going back. She hugged me one last time before I left.

"I am sorry" I said softly as I shut the door to the conference room.

.

.

.

I found the door to my cabin locked.

"What the hell!... Do I sit on the road now?! " I screamed.

"Ma'am.... "

I turned around. It was Joy. He had the answer to this. I knew.

"Ma'am.... Appka purana wali cabin has been assigned to you again!! " he said with a smile on his face.

"What ?!..... What did you say?" I said with utter shock. Was I like dreaming?! Arav sir must have, now that we'll get a divorce!! What good things a divorce brings to you!!

"Yes ma'am... Here's the key" he said happily handing me over the key to my room.

"Thanks for the amazing news... " I said accepting the keys.

"Anytime" he said with a smile and left, while I went on to my ex work place.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I parked my car and went in to the office building. Like everyday I took the lift and went straight upto my floor. I looked around. I found the door to Nandini's cabin locked.

Well now that she was giving me a divorce, what actually was the use all this. I decided letting her free from the assistant thing and gave her cabin back to her; though I made sure no one knew about this. I did it as secretively as possible.

I went on to check on her, her face actually. I peeked into her room. But she! She was sitting there with some paperwork. Like really!! You got back your cabin! You can actually show some excitement can't you?! I rolled my eyes and turned around to leave when someone bumped into me.

"What the!! " I shouted, angrily. He had spoilt my entire shirt with coffee stains and some of it fell on my coffee. I was surely going ban coffee in this office one fine day!!

"Can't you see?? " I asked looking at the canteen boy.

"Sooory.... Sir... " he said with fear.

"You know I can fire you for this! Sorry!! Like seriously?... Abb yeh kaun saaf karega?!" I asked showing him the stain on my shirt.

He kept on saying sorry and I disregarded them each time when, the door of the cabin in front of which I stood opened.

~~~~~~~~

I sat down on the chair and looked around my work place. I was in such a relief. I turned towards the window and then back at my table. I thanked Arav sir at the back of my mind.

"Let's get working Nandini.... "

Oh shit! Those files were at Manik's place!! It was already Thrusday! I had to finish those files as soon as possible.

I opened my laptop to see if I had some back up and I luckily I did. I went on to work and in the next few minutes, the whole of that huge table was filled with papers. Life seemed to be back to normal now! And I did feel glad about it when I heard shouts from outside my cabin.

"Now what!! "

I stood up and walked towards the door.

On opening it I saw Manik there and he was screaming on the canteen boy. I entry there made him face me, when my eyes fell on the coffee stains and on his hand which were red with that hot coffee.

I couldn't believe this had happened but stupid me!, instead of feeling happy about that I felt sad that he hand his hand burnt. Don't ask me why. I really don't know.

"Tum jaao... " I said looking at
the boy and pulled Manik inside my cabin and shut the door.

"What is your problem Nandini?? " he asked caressing his hand with the fingers of the other.

"Tum mere cabin ke samne kya kar rahe ho Manik" I asked with my hands folded close to my chest.

But he wouldn't answer. He was busy with his hands.

I waited for another moment after which I finally dragged him into the washroom , and surprisingly he didn't protest must. He kept looking at me with a blank face.
We entered the washroom and I turned on the tap of the basin and brought his hand under the cold water. I saw him closing his eyes as the water touched his skin, through the mirror in the front.

"It'll be fine soon" I said handing him the same ointment he had given me last day.

He looked away.

"Abb bolo tum yeha kya kar rahe ho?! " I asked again.

"I was just passing by... "

"Your room is on the next floor Manik... Stop lying.... "

"Whatever.... " he said rolling his eyes and stepped outside the washroom.

He went on to leave the room.

"Manik.... "

He stopped but didn't turn.

"Arav sir has asked to me stay at your place till we get divorced.... And..... The papers will be ready by Sunday.... " I said looking at his back.

He turned around and looked at me.

"What?! " I asked breaking his trance after sometime.

" You are going home with me today after office.... I.... I don't want you to walk alone on that road... " he said and left immediately.

I stood there fixed at my place. What was happening?! Maybe he felt it was his fault that I was cornered by those drunkards last night. But why? Why this fake concern?

A/N:
Do comment and vote.
Next update will be late (unless I have a major mood swing 😂)
Adiós 😘