4~NEFARIOUS

~Three weeks later~
.
.
.
.

I stood there all wrapped up in a red bridal attire in front of the Malhotra Mansion with Manik beside me. He was wearing a white sherwani and the garlands of rose and some white flower were hanging from our necks.

Nyonika opened the door to our, actually my new house. I kicked the small golden pot slightly before I stepped into the house. The rice from the pot scattered on a small area.
I looked at Manik before I took my first step in his house.
He gave me a "Whatever" look.

"Welcome Nandini.... " said Arav Sir

I smiled at him.

"Well we'll be here today.... But from tomorrow you both shall have the house to yourself" he continued.

I saw Manik standing with his hands on his waist. I knew he was planning to irritate me in everyways possible. But I too was Nandini Murthy, opps Malhotra and I had promised Arav sir to bring Manik back to the right way.

"Your room's on the first floor..... " said Nyonika smiling.

I smiled back at her.

I knew Manik wouldn't come so I alone went to the room.

I opened the door to the room. It was so big. It was decorated with flowers. I stepped into the room, completely mesmerised with the beauty it beheld. The bed was covered with a white linen sheet and on it were rose petals, scattered all over the white arena.

My eyes fell on the wall which were covered with pictures, pictures of Manik. And then there was that picture where he and Alya were standing on the Beach. He looked so happy.

I had never wanted to interfere in the lives of anyone. I always had lots to handle in my own life and only because Arav Sir had trusted me , was I here , in his room.

I went to the window and opened the wooden pane. And just as I had done so a soft breeze swept over my face. It felt so refreshing after the hectic wedding. I looked at the dark sky. Not one star was visible.

Somehow I felt happy that moment. I remembered what Aiyee used to tell me...
"You just have to sit through the storm...the next morning will be beautiful enough I promise. "

I knew the next days would be bad.. Not only the next days but the next months. I would have to hold back but I was ready for it.

I was busy with my thoughts when I heard the door shut.

I looked in the direction.
Manik stood there.

Why was here?! Don't tell me I would have to share the bed with him. God please no!!
"Now if you are out of this dream zone of yours... Can I just change.. And in that case you too!! " he said
I nodded and went straight to the washroom with my clothes.

The washroom was huge too. I kept wondering what was the need for such a big washroom for one individual.

I came out wearing a orange tank top and a black leggings.

I stepped out of the washroom and found Manik combing his hair. I took a step towards the bed.....

"Oh miss... Watch out okay!!

I looked at him unaware of what was coming next.

"Yeh mera bed hai!! " he said and walked towards the bed

He sat in a majestic manner on the bed. I kept looking at him blanky.

"Where do I sleep?! " I finally asked.

"There's enough space on the sofa...and the floor"

I looked down at the floor. It was cold because of that ac. I finally made my way to the sofa, helpless.

Manik threw the white bed sheet on the floor and the petals scattered.

I sat on the sofa but it was just not for sleeping and I wouldn't get a pillow that was for sure. Finally after half an hour of struggling with that furniture I decided that the night shall be spent on the floor.
I looked at Manik. He was sleeping peacefully under his blanket.

I went for the sheet of cloth that lay on the floor. I removed the petals aside and spread the bed sheet on the floor.
I lay on it and covered myself somehow with my hands from the cold.

The first day of my marriage- NEFARIOUS.

A/N:
Do comment and Vote.
Thanks for reading
Adiós 💜