His Anchor

Chapter One

Error layed there with Blueberry next to him. Blueberry was fast asleep, mumbling about tacos and chocolate in his dreams. Error stared at Blueberry for a moment. He noticed every feature of his face. The way his eyes looked when they were closed, his wide smile to go along with his happy dreams. The way he sighed softly during them. All of it made Error not feel so empty, it made him stop killing. Heck, it stopped him from killing himself. One person, was all it took to help Error.

But Blueberry wasn't awake, but Blueberry wasn't there to reassure him he was doing his best to be a good person. The urge was back stronger than ever to do it. To finish the job by killing what he realized now to be the true glitch, himself. Error sat up, walking away so Blueberry wouldn't hear him. He'd stop him, he knew that. He knew that he'd tell him that he wouldn't want him to die. Error didn't want to watch the tears fall from Blueberry's face. Error didn't want to hurt him.

He sat down, about 10 feet away from Blueberry. He snapped his fingers, a bone appeared in his hands. Error stared at the bone as if it held the answers to the universe. A voice in his head, a very, very faint voice screamed for him not to do it. It almost sounded like Blueberry. Error looked back at Blueberry. Would he want this? Error knew the answer, it was yes. Of course he'd want the monster who stole him away from his brother dead.

Error looked back down at the bone clenched tightly in his hands. He sighed. "Here goes nothing..." He mumbled. Error slowly raised the bone, bringing it to his chest. Error closed his eyes tightly. Error's memories washed over him. Having fun with Blueberry, eating with Blueberry, knitting with him. Error just closed his eyes tighter as he waited for his arms to move, to do something. But nothing happened.

The bone clattered to the floor. Error couldn't do it, he couldn't... He just wanted to die, why couldn't he just do it?!? He covered his face with his hands, sobbing quietly. He knew exactly why he couldn't do it. He couldn't do it because he was in love with a certain short, blue loving, cute skeleton.

Footsteps started to approach Error. "Er... Error?" A voice asked, sounding concerned. Error froze.

End Of Chapter One