Chapter 37: Fight

Nandini sends her dance students to their respective homes and Deepti also departs soon after, leaving Manik and Nandini alone on the front porch. Manik pulled Nandini by her waist, and she holds on to his chest to balance the movement. He pulled her even closer, pushed her her blouse off her shoulder and kissed her in its place. Nandini closed her eyes absorbing both excitement and fear that filled her body. Manik moved away and smiled noticing that Nandini was still standing in a state of shock with her eyes closed.
Manik: The ant will no longer harm you. I got rid of it.
Nandini opened her eyes and realized what happened. She remembered one of her students asking Manik to remove an ant from her shoulder, and instead of brushing it away, or asking her to do it by herself, Manik was enticing her.

She ran to him and started hitting him on his chest while he laughed and avoided her punches.

He pulled her by her arm and her back landed on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Nandini: Manik...

Manik: Hmmm...

Nandini: Manik...

Manik: Hmmm..

Nandini: Manik its getting late, I have to go to make breakfast and go to the fields to get vegetables.

Manik kissed her cheek, still standing behind her and let her go.

...

Raja Bharmal overheard  his daughter Princess Alia say "I have to tolerate anything he does to me for the people of Westpur. I have no hope for any kind of future living here." He was shocked to hear her speak like that, because he assumed that this wedding was what she always wanted. He stormed into the room in which his wife was and bombarded her with questions to which she responded informing him of everything that Princess Alia told her. He was even more shocked to hear the torture his daughter was going through in Azianagar in the hands of King Vedant. He has no respect for my daughter, why should I have any respect for him? He thought. He walked out angrily but his wife tried to stop him telling him that it was his duty to let Princess Alia be here.

Raja Bharmal: I know my duty as a King, and as a father.

He informed one of the guards at Dharmveer Palace to summon Queen Mother Nyonika and King Vedant. Soon the entourage met at the Main Durbar. Queen Mother Nyonika bowed down to Raja Bharmal in respect.

Queen Mother Nyonika: Why have you asked us to meet you so urgently, Raja Bharmal?

Raja Bharmal: You should ask your son that.

Queen Mother Nyonika: What happened Vedant?

King Vedant: Nothing that I know of. I have sent the best men and women to take care of our guests during their stay here till the engagement.

Queen Mother Nyonika looked at King Vedant and then at Raja Bhramal, still confused as to what was happening.

Raja Bharmal: Alia, come here. Tell them what he did to you. Don't spare a word, as if he doesn't accept it, I will not spare him.

Realizing what Raja Bharmal was talking about, King Vedant glared angrily at Princess Alia. The harm King Vedant had caused Princess Alia and the pain he had inflicted on her body, not only affected her physically but also scared her mentally.  She looked at him and trembled in fear.

Princess Alia: Father, let... let... it be.

Raja Bhramal: Let it be, you are scared, but I am not. Your son has been torturing my daughter and I will not put up with this kind of treatment any longer.