"U-uh. We-we, a j-joke.." Alex mumbled nervously trying to come up with an excuse. He knew not to embarrass himself, or his families name in front any royalty.

"It was a joke. Look at that girl! Ive never seen a vampire so big!" Mark said confidently. He was sure his friend would laugh. Parker didnt.

"Go back to your parents." Parker replied, colder than ice.

"What are you saying! Im older than you by like -" Mark tried to argue but Alex cut him off, nodding his head no. "Fine. Buzzkill. If you're gonna be this serious, you're never gonna get friends." Ignoring them, Parker walked to the girl crying.

As the future king, he tried to keep up with who's who, especially with kids since he will be growing up with them. "what's your name?" He asked the girl.

"M-Melanie." The girl sniffled, and rubbed her nose. She was so shocked at how beautiful the little boy in front of her was.

"That's a beautiful name. My name is Parker. Im sorry about my friends, they don't know better." A light bulb lit in Melanie's head. She thought to herself 'Parker? Isn't that the prince?'

Parker stared at Melanie, noticing her confused look and said, "Yes, I'm the prince. But don't worry, I'm like you. Dont be sad and cry. Enjoy the food and have fun." He smiled.

Melanie instantly brightened up for no one ever told her to enjoy the food. She always got scolded for eating. "Thank y-"

"Parker! There you are, goodness sake. Don't run away from your guards again. Come with me." An older man said, guiding Parker away. Melanie felt a hint of loneliness without him, but smiled and grabbed some food from the buffet in front of her but before she took a bite, she noticed she didn't feel hungry.

Alice's P.O.V ~

"What do you think?" I asked Mia, doing a small twirl. "Is it too much for just a simple walk?"

I was wearing black leggings, & a solid colored v-neck with a long cardigan.

Mia looked up from her phone and took a long look at me. "its pretty, but a walk? Where?" She asked.

"In the garden! Doesn't this school have one?" I replied. I can imagine how pretty and exotic the flowers would be.

"I'm a girl. I know what your thinking and I'm gonna say this once. Don't get your hopes up." She said. I frowned. I hope I'm not too disappointed..

"Well! I'm off, see you later!" I said cheerfully.

I don't know why, but I'm excited for this date.. Can I call it a date? Im engaged to Parker but I feel like I haven't talked to anyone else in so long.. Okay, not a date. Not a date. Just two friends hanging out.

I walked to the cafeteria to find Matt since we said we would meet up there.

"Ally!" A familiar voice shouted. "I mean Alice!" I turned around and there was Matt holding two milkshakes. "Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Chocolate, duh." I said. He handed me the milkshake, and we started walking out.

"So which way to the garden?" I asked excitedly. I probably sound like some freak who's obsessed with gardens but I love flowers. Where I lived, we barely had a front yard, let alone a back yard.

"Yeah, I looked into that. The only garden there is, is in the back of the school but we have to go through the front doors."

We silently walked through hallways with Matt saying 'what's up dude' to practically every guy he passed.

"You're quite popular, aren't you?" I asked as we walked through the front doors of the school.

"Yeah, I guess. Im a pureblood after all. We tend to be kinda a big deal." He winked, and I rolled my eyes.

I almost forgot Matt.. and everyone at this school were vampires. I've become so used to it now, I'm barely even scared they'll suck my blood - most of the time at least.

"Well, here we are." He said and to my surprise, I wasn't disappointed in the view.

I was devastated.

There was a huge pond in the middle that was rusty, muddy, and not even working. The stone paths on the ground had weeds growing through cracks and some were either broken or covered in dirt. Did I mention there were NO flowers? Not even dandelions. Just shrubs and dead trees.

"Lovely isn't it?" Matt joked, giving me a crooked smile.

"I know vampires are dead, but I didn't know their plants were too." I jokingly whined. Oh my gosh! I just made a joke about vampires, wow. Matt started laughing nonetheless.

"Don't worry, Alice you're a human. Not only do you bring life to this dead place, but you also bring color.." Slowly, Matt brings his hand up to my cheek. "and beauty to this place."

Immediately blood rushes to my face. Guess I also bring color to my cheeks too? I'm defiantly blushing right now and all Matt is doing is staring at me intensely.

"Put your hand down!" A voice yells, and both Matt and I's head snap in the direction of the voice to see a very, very familiar face.

A/N
Well, what do you think?
Id like to thank everyone who's sticking with this story for I'm still so young and in no way am I professional at writing. Thank you so so much.
I know my writing has changed a lot, hopefully for the better, but I'm slowly figuring out where I'm going with this story! Also, I'm revising the older chapters and adding more feelings and stuff, lol.

Enjoy :)
Please give a vote too !
P.s was super happy I got this chapter done, so ill fix mistakes tomorrow!