Ch 21

Parker's P.O.V ~

Should I go see Alice? What would I even say? Oh, hey Alice. What am I doing here at your door? Just taking a stroll and thought I'd say hi.

Ridiculous. On top of the fact I'd never set foot in the girls side of dorms, her roommate Mia is bat shit crazy and would probably do who knows what to me...That girl doesn't know the word "no."

"P-Parker? What are you doing?" I looked up and saw Melanie with a disgusted look on her face. Then, I looked down at myself. It just occurred to me I was chewing on my pencil, and half of it was gone already.

"Wood is good for you." I said sarcastically, wiggling my eyebrows.  I don't have time to make up good lies. Its boring in class with the same old faces, learning who knows what.. "Anyhow, what'd you want." I threw the rest of the pencil in the nearest trash can.

"Parker, you know there's a rumor going around about you and Alice right..?" Melanie said as she sat down in the seat next to mine.

"What? That we share a grandpa because honey, no." I answered sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes, Obviously not in the mood to joke around but why? Everyone's so serious nowadays. Things were so much easier on break.

"Be serious! Parker your reputation is on the line! Do you know that there is rumors you and Alice are dating?" She said frantically. My smile vanished from my face and was replaced by a glum look. Melanie is too concerned with me. Its obvious just from her face and the way she acts.

"Melanie. You don't have to worry about my reputation. You're just a friend of mine. Alice and I's relationship has nothing to do with you or anyone. Excuse me." I said coldly, getting up and leaving the class room.

Well, that put a damper on my mood. I hate being serious and cold, but Melanie can't continue liking me.

(No ones point of view//memory)

"Why are you crying? Stop immediately! You are embarrassing your father!" A woman said coldly to the small, chubby girl in front of her.

It was her daughter but she wasn't happy with it. Unlike all the other pureblood vampire mothers at this ball, her daughter was more chubby than most vampire kids. She was ashamed of it. Her husband had a great position in the council, close to the king! They felt blessed to be invited to an event as grand as this yet all her daughter could do was cry and not let her socialize! She wanted to show off.

"Go over there right now!" She pointed to where the tables full of food ended. "Stay there until I get you!" The little girl hurried over there like her mother told her too.

She looked up to her mother a lot. Tried her best to impress her but only got yelled at. She cried a lot from getting yelled at, so to make her feel better, her father would bring her sweets.

"Alex! Come over here!" A boy, who looked to be around her age, yelled. Quickly, another boy came over who seemed to be the same age as well.

"What do you want Mark? My father wants me to meet with some business -" Alex started to say until he was interrupted.

"Shudddup wontcha? Look at miss chubby over there. I betcha she ate the whole human instead of just sucking its blood." Mark, the young boy, said pointing to the girl.

"M-mark, that's not.. haha. that's not funny.." His friend Alex replied, trying not to laugh.

"What are you two laughing about?" A cold voice said behind the two. Slowly they turned around to see their close friend Parker, the young prince of vampires.