Vow of the Pureblood

I froze as I felt Shizuka retake her real body. I tried to move again, but it was impossible. Shizuka had done something to my body.

I apologize, Semara, but this is for your own good. You should not interfere, Shizuka's voice echoed in my head softly.

I struggled against her hold, but she was much older than I, and I couldn't budge. I finally gave up on moving, and tried to project myself to see what was happening.

I was successful, and I felt my body collapse before I faded into a vision.

~ Vision ~

Yuki stood in front of Shizuka Hio, Artemis at the ready. Zero was facing Yuki and Shizuka with his Bloody Rose.

"Yuki, move! Why?" Zero asked, still pointing the gun.

"You don't understand! She's the only one who can save you from becoming a Level E!" Yuki shouted, and Zero's eyes widened.

"Yes," Yuki said, "She and I already made a deal. Listen, Zero! The only way for you to control your urges is to drink this woman's blood. Yes, I'm scared, but I'll be fine. So stay back!"

"Even I what Yuki says about your blood is true," Zero said, stepping forward and grabbing Artemis, "It'll still work if you're have dead, right, Shizuka?!"

"Zero...!" Yuki said, and tried to use the bracelet that the Headmaster gave her, the one that would subdue Zero by shocking him through his Hunter's tattoo, but Zero stopped her.

"Why are you trying to stop me? She's the one who..." Zero trailed off as he saw tears glistening in Yuki's eyes.

"You've been made this girl's pet," Shizuka said from the love seat, "Are you happy to finally hear your master's voice at last, Zero? Do you feel like obeying me now? My voice now has the power to bind you. Keep holding Yuki. I am your vampire parent; the one who created you. You have no choice but to obey me."

"Zero, let go!" Yuki struggled in Zero's hold, and Artemis fell, "You don't have to force him to do this! I will let you drink my blood!"

"For four years this body has been ravenous. Did you think your blood would be enough to satisfy me?" Shizuka asked rhetorically.

"You said my blood would be enough!" Yuki exclaimed.

Shizuka bit Zero's neck and drank his blood.

"Haven't you tortured him enough?! Why are you so cruel to Zero?!"

Shizuka put her hand on Yuki's cheek, and looked her in the eyes, "I'm punishing him for becoming so attached to you. And who are you to talk?" Shizuka pulled away, "Don't you know your choice has made Zero suffer? Even I can see that."

"I thought... It would be okay if I was with Zero. I wonder if you can forgive me someday, Zero," Yuki said softly.

Just as Shizuka was about to bite Yuki, Zero let her go and grabbed Shizuka by the neck.

"It's useless, Zero," Shizuka said, "You can't even squeeze your fingers around my neck."

Zero shot himself in the leg, then shouted, "You won't take anything more away from me!" He shot Shizuka three times, and she stumbled back.

She started laughing, "As if that would be enough to kill me."

"I'll end this right now!" Zero said, and shot twice more, but Shizuka used her purple waist cloth to deflect the bullets.