17|

They had decided to just order Chinese when they got hungry and now they were just talking to each other about nothingness, with their stomachs full. Excluding Cecelia; she trying to stamp the difficult words into her head and she had a hard time doing it. It wasn't just because of the noise around her and the fact that she was really tired, she just didn't want to do it. She had no motivation. No wonder she didn't have any motivation, she was studying for the job she didn't want.

She liked how Joey wanted to teach her how to play guitar, she just had to stop putting pressure on herself or learning wasn't going to be easy at all. The day after tomorrow she planned on visiting him again, excited to learn another song. She expected the song to be also stuck in her head like the song she had learned yesterday; she had been humming it whenever she was bored. Which was probably most of the time at school... or right now, like when she was doing her homework. School was just boring and that wasn't normal for her to think.

Having Dylan's hand burn on her knee, thumb rubbing back and forth, made it even harder for Cecelia to concentrate. It made her feel frustrated and he had no idea. She could just entwine her fingers with his, making a second move, but she was afraid. Afraid of his reaction. Maybe he would pull away or maybe he would look at her and notice her blushing bright pink and then he would laugh.

Sighing deeply, she made a hand gesture to calm herself down and nodded before reading the words and meanings behind it over and over, trying to stamp them into her head.

"You want me to help?" Holland interrupted her, making her look up from her book again to shake her head slowly, although she really wanted to just throw the book against the wall and do something else. "No, I'm totally fine doing this on my own. Just studying. It's one of my hobbies."

"Yeah, if you find the subject interesting," Dylan rolled his eyes, taking the book out of her hands to see what she had to study, but she had already pulled it back. "I find this very interesting. I actually learned something like..." she told them sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Do you know what 'cajoled' means? It's another word for to urge, or coax."

"Interesting, jellybean," giving her a weird nickname, Dylan grabbed the book out of her hands again and read the words, raising his eyebrows. "Why do you have to do this?"

"I've got exams next week," she shrugged her shoulders, staring at him with her blue eyes. "I need to study this if I want pass them... eventually. So, yeah. I don't know how, because I also have math and I'm just-... I'm-..." Running a hand through her blonde hair in frustration, shaking her head, "I don't know how I'm going to pass these exams and if I do, I'm not even going to do the job anyway. I've been trying to think of something else to do for a while now, but I don't know what job is... fun."

"Sitting behind a freaking desk all day long, isn't what you call fun exactly," Tyler agreed, looking thoughtfully at his guitar that was lying next to him on the couch. "Wait, can you play any instrument or are you good at singing?"

"If you're saying you think it's a good idea to sing at a café, you're wrong," she said quickly, not wanting to be around drunk people and smoke. "Although I know it's a nice job to get paid well for a while, so maybe I can get a license, my own car and maybe an apartment-..."

"Wait, what?" the brunette was the one to interrupt her quickly, his mouth dropping open while looking at her. "I thought you liked my apartment."

"Dylan, I don't want to bother you-..." and she was interrupted by him again, grabbing her hand as she shook her head. "You're not bothering me. Stop thinking you do."

"But you never really asked me if I wanted move in with you-..." she stopped herself, hiding her face with her hands in embarrassment. "Stop, don't say anything."

"You want move in with me-...?"

"I don't know, you tell me!" she wanted to stand up to look for a place to hide because just hiding her face with her hands wasn't enough for her, but instead of that she stayed. "Why am I so stupid? I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to make you sure you liked me staying at your place, but unfortunately it came out different than it was in my head."

"Aww, you stop it," Dylan grabbed both her hands and removed them from her face, sniggering at how adorable she was acting. "Don't be so cute. You're killing me."

"Stop it," she almost slapped him, pulling her hands out of his and waving with it. "You're not helping me, okay? And it's not cute at all."

"I think it's very cute, okay-...?" he was interrupted by Tyler, who was wiggling his eyebrows and was smirking at them. Holland agreed with it, nodding her head as she laughed.

 -----

Dylan had been muttering to himself the whole ride in the car, while squeezing the steering wheel, eyes on the road and sighing now and then. The silent was the worst, making it easy for her to almost understand what he was muttering. It wasn't positive or anything, but she didn't expect him to because it was pretty awkward back at Holland's. It was all Tyler's fault by telling them to have sex, causing them to leave earlier than planned and not been able to talk to one another for half an hour, because it was just too awkward to handle.

Cecelia had tried a few times though, but each time she opened her mouth to say something, she shut it, staying quiet for another few minutes until she thought she enough guts to say something and unfortunately to fail again. It made her sigh in annoyance.

Using a key to open the front door, Dylan let the quiet blonde go in first before closing the front door behind them both and wanting to walk towards the couch to sit down, but then he stopped himself from doing so. He looked around to see Cecelia walking towards the bedroom, running a hand through hair and sighing deeply. "Cecelia, wait. We've to talk."

Turning around to look at him, she blinked her eyes a few times, uncomfortably, "about what? What's there to talk about? I don't have anything to talk to talk about. Do you have anything to talk about?" She took a pause, playing with her hair. "No? Okay, that's good, because I'm going to take a shower. I'll see you around." And she just walked away, making him walk after him.

"Wait!"

Dylan was about to stop her, but before he could she closed the door behind him, locking it. It lasted a few seconds to hear her unlock the door again, just like he expected her to. He knew she couldn't simply walk away from him. Yeah, of course she was a shy person and she often was feeling uncomfortable, but she was very caring and was brave. So, she couldn't just walk away and ignore the whole situation.

"You wanted to talk?" her heart was beating heavily in her chest, and she felt her cheeks heat up in millisecond while avoiding his gaze. "I really need to take a shower. It's 8 o'clock, so-..."

"I'm sorry, alright, for making this more awkward than it could be," he started as he paced through his room, not knowing what to say. "It was just so stupid of him to say something like that. He knows I've been in-... I mean, ehm-..." He ran his hand over his short hair in frustration, cursing himself for almost blurting out the whole 'I've been in love with you since the first day I saw you sitting with a freaking book in your hands at the cafeteria' part. Great, just freaking great.

"I just wanted to tell you that, you know-..." he threw his hands in the air, looking at her with his brown eyes before looking away again. "Can't just help me out here? I'm trying to freaking apologize for something he caused and-..." He stopped, raising an eyebrow at himself, "I'm not sure if he's the who caused the awkwardness between us. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm just... weird-..."

"You're not weird, Dylan" she interrupted him, but then looked down at her feet directly out of embarrassment. "He was just joking. And if he wasn't, then it's our own decision whether we have sex with each other or not, right?"

He stopped pacing, staring up at her and nodded in agreement, "Yes. Yes, exactly. You're right. You're so right. It's our own decision. We're not going to have sex."

There was a silent between the two, staring at one another, feeling the awkwardness turn into something else. Dylan recognized what it was immediately, but tried to ignore it, starting to make funny hand gestures, "Leaving. Dylan is leaving. Leaving to the living room. To sit. Sit around." He nodded quickly, turning around and walked away as fast as he could. What just happened?

-----

A/N: Yup, well, that was awkward. Okay. Well, hope you liked it! :D