13|

When the doorbell was heard, Cecelia was the first one grab her wallet out of her bag, to stand up from the couch and walk towards the front door to open it. She thought it was nice of her to let the others continue their chatting, so she could pay the delivery guy for the pizza. But she didn't expect a handsome guy to be standing there in the doorway with a few pizza boxes in his hands and a charming smile on his face, his white teeth showing.

Almost out of panic, she slammed the door and turned around to look at her friends. They were looking at her as if she was crazy, laughing a little at her action. "Why did you slam the door in his face? He has our pizza and you have to pay him."

"You do it," the blonde shook her head quickly, looking at Holland with her light-blue eyes. "I'm not doing it. He's too handsome."

Before anyone could say something to try to help her build up some confidence, again a knock was heard on the door, making her run a hand through her hair in frustration. How was she ever going to give Dylan a compliment if she couldn't even pay a handsome delivery guy? If she could turn out her shyness for a second and just do it, it would've been really helpful but she couldn't. So, there she was sighing deeply before she turned around again to open the front door and giggle at the guy.

"Hi," she opened her wallet as she tried to think of an excuse why she just literally slammed the door in his face. "I'm so sorry for slamming the door like that, I just had to grab some extra money."

"It's totally fine, lady" the guy gave her a nod, before looking at the receipt with his green eyes to check how much he had to pay him. He shook his head while grinning widely, "You know what, if you give me 30 bucks and a chance to get to know you a little better, you'll get the rest from the house."

Trying to hide her pink cheeks, she looked away from him as she played with her fingers uncomfortably. She could say no to him and thank him for the offer anyway, but she didn't know how to say it in the nicest way possible.

Before she could look at the boy again to at least give him a reaction or anything, she felt a warm arm around her waist. "How about she just pays you the amount of money that is standing on this..." it was Dylan who grabbed the receipt out of the boys hands to look at it. "little piece of paper. You alright with that?"

Butterflies flew around in her stomach as she felt the thumb from the hand that was laying on her hip move up and down slowly. Just that little thing made her feel crazy on the inside, made her feel like she could explode at any second. Sometimes she wished Dylan knew how he made her feel, so she didn't have to make a move or however Joey called it. It has been a day he told her start with giving him a compliment and she still hadn't done it. How was she ever going to do that with her being the extremely shy girl she was?

The dark-haired boy shrugged his shoulders at Dylan, making the girl take the right amount of money out of her wallet. After handing the boy the money, he gave her the pizza boxes with the same charming smile on his face. "Have a nice evening."

She couldn't even say thank you or Dylan slammed the door in shut as he rolled his eyes. Then he took the boxes out the girl's hands to walk towards his friends, "Pizza!"

Trying to ignore his weird behavior from just then, Cecelia sat down next to Dylan and sighed.

-----

"That wasn't so bad now, was it?" Crystal grinned, taking the last bite of her pizza while looking at her with her dark-brown eyes.

Cecelia, who was already full after having 4 slices of pizza, raised her eyebrows in confusion, putting a strand of hair behind her air. "What do you mean?"

"The pizza delivery guy" Holland threw her hands in the air, laughing. "Are you mad at Dylan because he was rude to him?"

Thoughtfully, the blonde shook her head and sighed, "I can't imagine myself being mad at him... like ever. Or at anyone else, so..."

"You can be a little firecracker if you want to, though" Dylan mumbled with a smile, staring at her.

She giggled as she turned to look at him, "only when I'm with you."

Colton laughed, giving them a comment, "that means something, right?"

Daniel agreed with him, nodding his head while he put an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders, "that means he is an annoying little shit."

The friends started to laugh, excluding Dylan. He was faking a dramatic cry, wrapping his arms around the beauty sitting next to him, causing her laugh to turn into a giggle.

He laughed at her cuteness, freeing her from his grip after he kissed her temple lightly. She wanted to hide her pink cheeks by looking down at her hands, but before she could, Holland asked her something. "Joey is performing at a gig tonight, right?"

Nodding awkwardly, not wanting to talk about him since Dylan didn't know about their breakup yet, she looked at her while playing with her hair. "Yes. Why are you asking?"

"Have you wished him good luck?" Crystal laid her head on Daniel's shoulder, feeling comfortable being with him sitting right next to her. The boy wasn't only gorgeous but was also really sweet, funny and nice to talk to.

"Not really," feeling all eyes on her, she shrugged her shoulders and giggled. "He was busy rehearsing and I didn't want to interrupt them or anything, so I just texted him." She blushed, shaking her head at herself for being such a incredibly shy person, "And I was doing my homework anyway, so I didn't really have any time."

Noticing her feeling uncomfortable, Dylan laid his hand on her knee to let her know it was alright. It made her sigh deeply, nodding her head as if she wanted to thank him without looking at him. It was funny how they could communicate without even looking at each other; they were close, knowing almost everything about each other.

"Talking about time," Tyler looked at his watch, checking the time. "I have to go, my girlfriend is probably waiting for me at my apartment."

Crystal looked at her boyfriend while at the same time Holland looked at her best friend, Colton. "Are we leaving? I want to watch my show." "And I'm getting a little tired."

They boys nodded, looking at the friends sitting on the couch, "We're leaving. Sorry, guys."

Shaking her head, Cecelia smiled at them, "I'm also getting pretty tired, so... it's no problem." She stood up, noticing the girl also standing up and hugged them. "I'll see you next time."

"Yeah, and text me if something's wrong, alright?" Holland gave her a smile, starting to pull Colton towards the front door. Crystal did the same; pulling Daniel with her from Dylan who waved at each other. "See you later, dude!" "Bye, man!"

After seeing the door close behind them, the blonde and brunette looked at one another, shrugging their shoulders. "And what do we do now?"