"How could we forget, dad?" My 6 year old brother, Dylan, said playfully while munching on his French toast.

"Yeah, dad. You remind us only, like, all the time." Taylor, my older brother rolled his eyes to which mom gave the idiot her you-better-watch-it glare.

"Lily,"Adam called to me, "Training immediately after breakfast."

"Yes, sir!" I kiddingly saluted. That earned a laugh from everyone. Mom slid me my plate of food, which I devoured hungrily. What can I say? Running can take a lot out of you. After allowing my breakfast to digest, Adam pulled me out of my seat and dragged me outside to the training area.

The sun was completely out and I had to squint my eyes from its rays.

"Let's start with kicks." Adam positioned us.

°°°

I did a roundhouse kick on Adam and watched as he fell to the ground with a grunt.

"Damn, girl. You have the skills of a testosterone." I hauled Adam up. He hunched over with a wheeze.

"And you hit like a fly." I stuck my tongue out at him.

A while later, a black SUV pulled up by the gate. A man's head popped out through the window and spoke into the intercom.

"Hey, who's that?" I tugged on Adam's sleeve to get his attention.

We watched as the gates opened and the car drove in, landing on Black Wolf territory. I felt a familiar jolt in my mind. Adam's sprung up a little as well, implying that he had felt it too.

"The Alpha's here." Adam announced. The Alpha and his family was finally back after one unforgettable year. They were staying at the Royal palace with the Royal family of Werewolves by means of protection. Therefore, Alpha Michael left my father, the Beta, in charge of the pack.

"Yeah, Captain Obvious." I rolled my eyes.

"Please. You're just jealous that I figured it out before you did." Adam said.

"And it took you a jolt in the head to figure it out."

"Hey, it took you the same thing to remember too."

I held a palm up. "I'm not arguing with you, Hay-Hay." Adam frowned as I referred to him as the dumb—no offense, Hay-Hay—chicken on Moana.

Adam and I walked back inside the pack house, taking the route to the meeting room. Most of the wolves in the pack were already present, chattering. I saw my mom and dad on the raised platform in front of everyone, Third Roger and his mate Julia on their right. Adam and I took seats in the crowd.

Dad positioned himself behind the podium and cleared his throat for silence.

"Good morning, wolves." The crowd mumbled their greeting. "I'm sure most of you have felt the presence of our very own Alpha Michael. That is because he has just arrived with our Luna and their children. And so, without further delay, our Alpha family." Dad gestured towards the door and soon enough the family waltzed inside the room.

My first thought was, "I don't see him." I scolded myself for thinking that. I don't need that jerk in my head.

Alpha Michael was holding Luna Violet's hand, their daughter, Haley behind them. The three were wearing bright matching smiles.

"Good to see you again, Black Wolves!" Alpha Michael hollered. The pack returned it with cheers.

Soon after that, it was just the pack members going about and talking with the family. Having barely anything to do, I leaned on a nearby wall and stared at my surroundings.