Friends Again

CHAPTER EIGHT

I woke up Monday, and started getting ready for school. I rushed over to my vanity and inspected my eye just in case. It was still kind of yellow, but when I put my make up on it'll cover it. I pull out my kit, and feeling generous and wanting a instant, amazing high, I hold the straw in one hand and cover one end with the tip of my index finger. I pour the the coke into the straw after cutting it up with a razor, and hold it up to my nose. I tilt my head backwards with the straw in my nose, and sniff everything. Due to the amount it hurts like a bitch, but after a couple of strong sniffs the high, and the numbness kicks in. The reason I do this is because the high hits you all at once instead of gradually like when you snort lines separately. I feel the amazing high all at once throughout my whole body. I don't think anything can feel any better than this. It's like you're perfect, and nothing can touch you. I look back in the mirror and see that my eyes are fully dilated.

I turn on my stereo and start listening to Combichrist on full blast. I get dressed in a fitted black and white Rob Zombie shirt, a black skirt that's tight and goes mid thigh that has zippers on the sides holding it together, and safety pins everywhere, a long sleeved fishnet shirt with thumb holes, fishnet tights that are cut everywhere, black and white striped knee socks, and combat boots that go half way up my calf that has the steel on the outside. After I get fully dressed, I straighten my hair, then put it up into high pigtails then tease them so they aren't flat, and hairspray my bangs going to the left side. I put on heavy black eyeliner with grey eyeshadow. I pale out my face, and then put on some lip gloss.

I feel my high slightly wearing off so I do a couple of more lines before I grab my bag, throw all my things in it besides my phone and iPod, which I put in the pockets. I noticed I was running low on coke and bud so I decided to call Manny on the way to school. I locked my room door, and went down the stairs. I got to the bottom step, and listened for my father. I don't hear anything so I quickly make my way to the front window and see his car isn't there. Hmmm, I wonder when he left. I go to the kitchen and grab the cake Adam and I made Saturday. Thinking about him brings a smile to my face. After everything happened we spent time telling each other everything we liked, disliked, music, books just simple subjects. He understood that I didn't want to talk about anything personal so he never brought anything back up again which I was thankful for. After he gave me the picture it was like we were snapped back into middle school. We instantly clicked again, and it was as if the last couple of years never happened.

I stepped out of the house, locking the door behind me. When I turned around I saw Adams car infront of my house with him inside. He notices me looking at him, and rolls down his window.

"Hey B, wanna lift? It'll save you gas money." he said loudly with a smile.

I walked up to the car without opening the door and slouched against it slightly leaning into the opened window. Adam's wearing a dark red long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the top buttons undone showing the black undershirt, dark jeans that are slightly fitted, and some black and white chucks. His dark brown shaggy hair is slightly messed up, but looks like it was done on purpose, and his eyes are brighter than ever. Before I get trapped into his gaze I shake my head slightly. 

"Well.. um...I'm actually meeting with someone after school, so I think I should go in my car. Plus, I don't think you'd like people getting the wrong idea..." I said trailing off. I know once we showed up at school together that it'll just have people gossiping, and spreading stupid rumors about us. The less attention I bring to myself the better, and even though Adam is now my friend, he's still a popular jock. His friends are still assholes, and I don't want to be dragged into anything.