Just Another Lothario: Chapter 21

Ambrose was beyond furious at what he heard Keira was doing. "How dare she bring customs of her world here!"  He wasn't about to let someone like her change the traditions of his world. He stormed his way up the flights of stairs and sought her out on the third floor. As he reached the last room on the west wing he threw open the door and let himself in. He was fully prepared to make her listen to him but what he saw made him catch his breath.

There, standing on a pedestal, was the most beautiful woman he ever saw. She was dressed in an opal white dress with a film of an elegant sky blue over it. Tiny sapphires were sewed around the dress and when the sun streamed in from the windows it would hit it perfectly, making them glisten a brilliant color.

When the woman turned to him and shined her luminous ocean eyes upon him, he was captivated; her scent intoxicating. Her eyes were filled with a bit of confusion at the sight of him. She spoke from full, supple lips that he wished to claim, "Seeing that you aren't a tailor, I'm going to assume you're here for another purpose other than to help me with the finishing touches."

Her words are what snapped him out of his senses. He realized what he was fantasizing and he couldn't believe that it was about her. His anger was rekindled and he clenched his jaw; not making a reply.

Keira stared at him for a moment before turning away. She bit her lip as she examined her reflection from the full-length mirrors and tapped her cheek. She sighed, "It needs a few more alterations and it should be perfect."

She glanced over the ever silent figure of Ambrose. "Did you need something?" She asked.

"I understand that you are planning a wedding," Ambrose forced through gritted teeth.

"Yes, is that a problem?" Keira pouted at the door and sighed. "Well they're taking their sweet time." She looked up at Ambrose. "You'll just have to help me." She stepped over to him and turned her back to him. "Unzip the dress, will you?"

Ambrose was shocked to hear what she said. For a moment he forgot why he was there and his thoughts turned to possible things she may be suggesting; suggestions that he was finding very hard to keep himself from.

Keira peered over her shoulder, "Could you hurry?" She looked down at her chest and muttered something about not being able to breathe.

Ambrose found himself completely dumbfounded. He didn't know what to do! When a woman offered themselves to him he wouldn't hesitate in sweeping them off their feet for the night. But with her, he didn't know what to do; something about her threw him in a spur of confusion.

A knock sounded at the door and Ambrose cleared his throat. When he spoke, his throat was a bit raspy, "Come in."

One of the castle tailors entered the room and bowed low before the two guardians. She was a frail yet noble looking woman with an air about her that spoke of how high she carried herself in being the castle's most prestigious tailor.

"Thank goodness you are here!" Keira exclaimed. "This wedding is to take place tomorrow afternoon at its best and my sister's dress is not yet ready! And by all means this wedding must be an event she'll remember for an eternity for she has longed for it ever since we were children!"

The tailor hastily agreed and began helping Keira out of the dress; completely forgetting Ambrose's existence. Ambrose froze. He didn't know whether to suggest that the two use a screen while changing or flee from the room. Before he could speak however, the dress was unzipped and silken ivory skin was exposed.

Keira, of course, obvious of his presence held the dress to her chest and walked behind a screen to properly change. After she was done, she came back into view in her regular attire with the dress in her arms. She told the tailor what she wanted altered and then left the woman to her work.