Just Another Lothario: Chapter 12

"Under normal circumstances I would just blend in amongst the crowd but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to." Keira was sitting at her vanity as a maid fixed her hair. It had taken quite the disagreement between her and Sylvia before she caved in and let herself be 'transformed into a beauty.' Sylvia's words, not hers. 

"I know, sorry about that." 

Keira looked at her from the mirror. "You have nothing to apologize for. It isn't your fault that people are sexist." She wore a midnight blue gown that had a heart shaped neckline. She, of course, altered the dress the same way she did with the others. 

A knock sounded at the door as the maid put in the last hair pin in Keira's hair. The maid rushed to the door and opened it a crack. 

"Your Highness." The maid curtsied and fully opened the door to reveal Alexander and Ambrose.

Keira turned to get a better look at Sylvia, who appeared to be marveling at Alexander's look. Keira smirked and stepped away from her vanity and pinched Sylvia's arm.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Sylvia rubbed her arm.

"Just making sure you were still present. You seemed a bit hazy there for a second." 

Sylvia knew what Keira was implying and swatted her arm.

"Ouch. What was that for?" Keira had amusement glinting in her eyes.

"You know exactly what it was for." 

Keira held a hand to her heart. "Whatever do you mean Sylvia?"

"Oh shut it," Sylvia muttered.

Someone cleared their throat and they both looked up to see Alexander and Ambrose still standing in the doorway. "Are you ladies ready?" Alexander smiled at them.

Sylvia saw Keira give her the look, which obviously meant that Keira knew that she was going to give a snide remark so she just rolled her eyes. "Yup, so let's get this done and over with."

~*~

As Alexander made his way over to Keira's room, along with Ambrose, he thought back to their earlier discussion. How many boyfriends had Sylvia had? It irked him that another man has touched his mate.

He knocked on Keira's door and a maid opened it. "Your Highness." She curtsied and scuttled out of the way, exposing an awe-inspiring Sylvia. 

His breath caught in his throat as he admired her beautiful body that wore a soft, silken princess gown. Her hair was put up in a bun with strands of curls flowing down. The jewels she wore complemented her beauty.

He finally became aware of Keira's presence and caught her eyeing the two of them with a smirk. She then said something to Sylvia and watched as his Beloved's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink. 

"Are you ladies ready?" He asked after awhile. 

Sylvia's face flashed with momentary annoyance but stopped short of her comment when she saw the look Keira gave her. "Yup, let's get this done and over with," she huffed.

Internally, he sighed. He thought that after he had escorted her to her room the other day that they had broken through a wall but perhaps not, maybe just a slight crack in it.

As they started down the hall with Sylvia's arm looped around his, he couldn't help but take note of where his cousin's gaze drifted off too. He perceived Ambrose's eyes that would rake over Keira's body. He smirked at Keira's unawareness of the interests she was drawing. 

~*~

Keira walked behind Sylvia and Alexander. As they strolled down the corridor, she made out Ambrose' vast distance from her. She dismissed it without interest, it wasn't as if she were a parasite.