Chapter 10

A/N: Third person's POV. I'm changing things up, only for this chapter though. Too much happened in this episode to cover in just first person. It will still mainly focus on Lia's story line because we all watched the episode.

"What do you mean no?" Liam questions. Liam gets closer in Scott's face, while Theo and Lia and trying to keep Hayden comfortable. "Liam, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life." Scott states.

"It saved mine." Liam argues. "You know, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge." Scott says. "You said you'd do everything you could." Liam states. "Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her. There has to be - there has to-" Scott starts to say but starts gasping.

"Scott." Theo calls out. Theo throws Scott an inhaler and Scott takes a hit from it. His breathing stabilizes. "There's another away to save her." Scott finishes. "Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this." Theo interrupts.

"Theo's right. We need to do something." Lia agrees. "How about for now, I call my mom. She might be able to do something for her." Scott suggests. "That sounds like a long shot, but it's our best one." Lia states.

Scott then calls Melissa and explains what happened. "My mom will be here in about 30." Scott announces. "Okay, what do we do until then?" Liam asks. "Just keep her comfortable, take away some of the pain." Scott answers.

A small chuckle accidentally makes its way out of Lia's mouth. "What about this could you possibly find amusing?" Liam questions. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking about the last time someone took pain in this room in the middle of a storm. And that wasn't even amusing, it was actually horrifying. Not laughing about anything happening right now." Lia apologizes.

"What happened last time?" Theo asks. "My boyfriend stabbed me with a sword." Lia answers. "Stiles stabbed you with a sword?" Theo questions. "Well he didn't stab me, just twisted the sword. It didn't count though because he was possessed." Lia clarifies.

"Let's not open that door, again, ever." Scott says. "Coming from the guy who should have been stabbed with the sword." Lia counters. "Guys! Can we please just focus on Hayden?" Liam questions.

"Right, sorry." Lia replies. "No it's okay. Distractions are good." Hayden states. She goes to Hayden's side and takes some of her pain. Lia's phone starts buzzing, and Stiles' contact photo comes up. Lia steps outside to take the call.

"Hey, what's up?" Lia asks. "Uh, do you think you could pick me up? The Jeep gave out on me again. I have to get it towed." Stiles answers. "Okay, I'll be there soon." Lia replies.

Lia goes back in to tell them she has to leave. "Hayden is stable for now, so I need to give Stiles a ride." Lia announces. Scott gives Lia stern eyes. "Lia, Stiles-" Scott starts but is cut off. "I know what Stiles did. I've known for awhile now. I don't know how you found out, but unlike you, I intend to hear him out." Lia states.

She storms out of the clinic and gets her car. It doesn't take much time for her to spot her boyfriend on the side of the road. "What's someone so pretty doing out here by yourself?" Lia jokes trying to lighten the mood. It is her default move ever since she was a kid.

Stiles doesn't reply with his usual sassy remarks. He just gets in the car. "Sorry it took so long. I literally had to walk to Sinema from the clinic and then drive here." Lia announces. "It's fine. Sorry I made you go out of your way. There was no getting that thing running." Stiles says.

"It's not going out of my way if it's for you. Can they fix it?" Lia asks. "There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." Stiles replies. "Maybe you should try something other than duct tape." Lia suggests.