Chapter 3

"Hands on the wheel, at ten and two." Kira instructs. "Actually, the recommended position is now nine and three. At ten and two, a deployed airbag could break your thumbs." Lydia corrects. "Mine would heal." Malia interjects.

"Save your strength. And try not to destroy your beautiful new car. Nine and three." Lydia says. "Don't listen to them. Just relax and do what's natural." I state. "Easy for you to say. Not all of us can die and come back to life." Lydia says.

"Okay. Nine and three. Whatever." I reply. Malia starts the car and drives slowly. "Alright. Just ease into it. Good, good, okay. There you go." Kira coaches. "Please shut up." Malia says. "No problem. Shutting up." Kira states.

Malia goes in the other lane. "Other way." Kira states. Malia veers off the road. "We are now off the road, this is not the road. Other way." Lydia announces. "Malia please go the other way." Kira begs. The motion detector goes off.

"What is that? What is beeping?" Malia questions. "The car's telling you not to run into that tree. Turn the wheel." Lydia states. "Malia!" I yell trying to get her attention. I can tell she is freaking out, her heartbeat is going crazy.

Malia turns back onto the road. "And try to stay on the actual road." Lydia instructs. Malia turns the car around entirely. "Okay, sure. This is called a U-turn." Kira states. "You said turn the wheel." Malia argues.

"Maybe you should press a little harder on the gas." I suggest. Malia then slams it. "Woah! Okay, just turn up here." Kira instructs. Malia takes the turn very fast. "No, no, no, slowly, slowly." Lydia reprimands.

"Anybody want to tell me where we're going?" Malia asks. "The school. We can finish with parking practice in the lot." Lydia answers. "Lydia, we're actually heading downtown." Kira states. "What?" Lydia questions.

"If we want to go to the school we should do a U-turn. Shouldn't we?" Kira asks. "No. Keep going." Lydia says. I have a feeling there's something other than a GPS directing Lydia right now. "You sure?" Malia asks. "Yes. We're almost there." Lydia replies.

"Dead body time." I mutter under my breath. We get out of the car and walk down an alleyway. There is a prison transport van covered in slash marks and blood. "Call 911." Lydia instructs. "That is a lot off blood." I comment failing to distract myself.

"Are you okay? In control?" Lydia asks. "Not completely, but enough. Not my first bloody massacre Lyds." I assure. "The police will be here in a few minutes, they're wondering if anyone is still alive. Can you hear and heartbeats?" Kira asks.

I focus in on it and there are. "Two. Very faint though." I state. "Two are alive, but barely." Kira says. She hangs up the phone. "Why would you say that?" I question. "Why would I tell them the condition of two dying people?" Kira asks.

"Now I can't heal them. The paramedics are expecting two critical patients now." I explain. "I wasn't thinking." Kira apologizes. Malia pulls the two out of the van. They're both wearing badges. The ambulance comes and they are soon hauled off.

The sheriff comes shortly after. Stilinski asks us about how we found him and we tell him what happened. Scott and Stiles duck under the police tape. "Boys. Scott, you saw this kid, Donovan. He wasn't like you right?" Stilinski asks.

"I don't think so. Unless he knows how to hide his scent." Scott answers. "Well, human or otherwise, this kid might have just murdered his lawyer and mortally wounded two officers. We've got an APB out on him, but you think you can find him faster?" Stilinski questions.

"I can try." Scott says. "Alright. Keep it on channel two." Stilinski instructs. Scott takes the radio and runs off. "Dad, what if it wasn't Donovan?" Stiles asks. "I'm guessing you've already got a theory?" Stilinski says.