Then came The Alpha's Ball. When I met Ariel, my beautiful, yet infuriating, mate. I thought that when I first met my mate I would at least get a real name or some proper backstory to her, but no- I got nothing. Except a shoe and a mask. Both of which I still have. I refuse to let such precious items go. I need them to survive. It's like they're the only air I have until she tells me the full, exact truth. And nothing but the truth. I can't let her go. I refuse to let Ariel go.

Speaking of Ariel...

Well, not really speaking.

We're not talking at the moment and I really miss her. I really do. Honestly, it kills me to be away from her like this. To not be able to kiss her and touch her and make her laugh or smile and she would be with me right now... Not like this... Not separated like this... Never like this.

It hurts to do this. It makes my heart ache so much. I broke down into tears when I was speaking about her to my mother. I can't do this without her. It's killing me and Drew inside. We wanted her back so badly. We want to hold her in our arms and never let her go. We want to be able to kiss her lips and forehead and cheeks freely. We want to be able to see her beautiful blush. We want to be able to hear that musical laugh. We want to see that adorable cute smile.

But we can't. I can't. Not yet.

Not until she tells me the truth about her living situations. I wanted the truth from her, but I think- no, I know- I wanted her more than that.

But what has to be done has to be done.

I did try talking to Isaac about the ordeal, but he denied to tell me a single thing.

He told me that Ariel would have to tell me about it as she was the one going through it. Before I could rip his head off, he did explain that he helped her on the odd occasion and he aided her with some of her... Home problems. Not always, but most of the time. Yet, before I could make an exit, he explained that I had to be gentle with the topic of Ariel's past when talking to her about it. He revealed that Ariel was still scarred from her past in more ways than one.

And then some other individuals were aiding a few problems. Some boys as I had recently noticed, were making use of our separation to try and woo Ariel. But Ariel being Ariel, she refused, knowing very well exactly how angry I would get. It made me ecstatic to see the respect she had for herself and me as her mate. Some stupid guys trying to steal my girl won't work. Not now. And not ever.

Suddenly, a rush of different feelings ran through me.

Anger.

Hatred.

Pain.

...

Is that actually... Jealousy?

No. Way.

Is Ariel jealous?

But why? What has happened or what have I done to make her be-

Oh. My. God.

I understand it all now. I know why she's jealous. It was because of this:

I was hanging out with all of my friends when Lexi told me a joke to cheer me and Drew up. She knew how upset we'd been without Ariel, and knew that puns were a good way of making us happy. It was:

"How did the man drown in his muesli?" Lexi asked me.

"I don't know. How?" I replied gloomily.

"He was sucked down by a strong CURRANT!"