Chapter 39

The rest of the summer was great! My parents took me horse back riding and biking. It was the most fun I've ever had! I did all of my favorite things with the people that I love. The thing I wasn't expecting though, was a call from Chad. The conversation went a little something like this...

  "Hello?"

  "Hi, is this Piper Adams?"

  "Yes."

  "Hey, Piper it's Chad."

   Long pause.

  "Oh um, hi, Chad."

  "So all of the people here are telling me that in order for the both of us to move on from what I did, we need closure."

  "Closure?"

  "Yeah. So anyway I'm really sorry."

   Long pause.

  "That's it?"

  "Yeah."

  "Ok then bye."

  "Wait! Now you have to say that you're sorry."

  "What did I do to you?"

  "You broke up with me and forced me to do what I did."

  "Forced you!? Chad, you tied me up in your basement! I didn't force you to do that! I broke up with you because you were stalking me! You were acting creepy again just when I thought things were back to normal! If anything I deserve more than a simple apology! Why did you do it, Chad!? Why!?"

  "Because I love you. And I didn't want you to leave me. I was scared and paranoid. Soooo, I tied you up. I thought I would get away with it. In all honesty though, I'm glad that I didn't. I hurt you, Piper. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything I put you through."

  "Chad, I want to tell you that what you did was fine, but it's not. I want to forgive you but I can't. I'm sorry. You caused me to much pain. And I don't love you. Not anymore. I did once. When you were yourself, and I didn't know about the pictures. You were perfect. Honestly if you wouldn't have stalked me or kidnapped me, I would've seen a future with us. It's your fault I left you. Not mine. Goodbye, Chad."

   I hung up on him. That was the last time I ever heard from him. He wanted closure, well, he doesn't deserve it. And if he really wanted it in the first place he would've tried to call me again. He would've tried to contact me again, but he never did. Before the craziness and the kidnapping, Chad was amazing. I saw a future with him. Now, I can't see anything but his fist slammed against my face. Congratulations, Chad. Did you get what you wanted? Are you happy now? Because I am. I'm free. I can finally live my life. Go to college. And meet the true man of my dreams. You may not have closure but I do. Goodbye, Chad.