Chapter 8: Two Worlds Collide - Edited

Start from the beginning

Demi Lovato changed my life. I'm sure millions of people have said that before, but it's true. I owe my entire life to her and my brother. You don't have to be famous to make a difference in this world; you just have to have faith."

As soon as I finished, my brother was at my side. He hugged me and I rested against him as the teacher came in front of the class with us to talk about his response. He didn't know any of this ahead of time so I was very curious what he was going to say. No one, not even David got to read my paper.

"I think we've all learned a valuable lesson here today," the teacher began, "Kayla Dane is just one student and victim of bullying. I see bullying every day in these hallways mostly by the same people. That's why I've asked Demi to come here today to talk about bullying."

That's when I finally noticed. The teacher made a hand gesture and I looked towards the door. She was standing there smiling at me. I couldn't believe she was actually here. I felt like I was going to faint. This is someone who I had just recently started looking up to, but she saved my life. She walked up to me first and hugged me. Weirdly, she smelled really good. I hugged back and she whispered in my ear.

"You're amazing and strong. I'm so proud," she whispered.

She pulled away and smiled at me before facing my classmates. She didn't even smile at them. It was very clear that she wasn't happy.

"I joined something with Seventeen magazine called Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect. I am working to stop bullying. Not just in schools, but all over. When I heard about the school's suspicions with Kayla, I was eager to come here and talk to you about it, but I don't think I have to. I could tell by the looks on your face that Kayla's words affected you. I was bullied too and I have been dealing with the exact same problems as Kayla. It's not a joke and I can't believe you guys turned it into one. This entire school needs a serious adjustment and I would be happy to help. That is, with the help of Kayla," she said.

I couldn't believe Demi was actually here talking to me; especially about bullying.

“Yeah I'll help," I replied, looking over at David.

He was smiling at me. He was the only person who really knew what she meant to me. After all, he has had to listen to me talk about her nonstop these last couple of days. Every single day, the smallest thing could make me think of her; like now, for example. I have one of her old songs, Two Worlds Collide stuck in my head. I feel like it really describes this moment because our lives were separate. Now, our worlds have collided and we are going to work together to help stop bullying at my school.

You had your dreams, I had mine.

You had your fears, I was fine.

You showed me what I couldn't find,

When two different worlds collide.

She was scared

Unprepared.

Lost in the dark.

Falling Apart,

I can survive,

With you by my side.

We're gonna be alright.

This is what happens when two worlds collide.

Just weeks ago I never would have believed this would be my life. I was the depressed, cutting "disappointment child" who didn't care about anything or anybody. Now I am close with my brother, and we all know I NEVER thought that would ever happen, in a million years. Besides that, I got to meet Demi Lovato. Of course I hadn't heard of her before, so obviously her becoming my idol would be in that category too.

Either way, as soon as the bell rang and class was over, I rushed to the bathroom and started screaming. Of joy that is, but Demi happened to be in there too. She just laughed and said it was okay. We walked back into the classroom where David was still talking to the teacher. I was now going to be the favorite student to everybody for being David's sister. Demi and I joined them and the principal walked in shortly after. They all wanted to have a meeting about what exactly our plans were to help stop the bullying in this school.

If they were to ask me personally, we don't need a plan.........we need a miracle.

THE END CHAPTER 8!!

feedback?

Remember to vote and comment! <3