Chapter 13: Imprisoned

Start from the beginning

"Don't you dare walk away with her, you bastard!"

Lucy tried to grasp reality, but it slipped right through her fingers.  Before she could make sense of the voice, Lucy fell into full unconsciousness, the pain taking over as the darkness swallowed her up.

"Lucy!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait a minute!"  Happy exclaimed in the silence.

Everyone looked at Happy hopefully.  "What is it, Happy?"

Happy paused, his expression blank as he continued.  "I'm hungry for fish, yes."

Everyone sweat-dropped.

"If we could get back to the task at hand, Happy?"  Charle asked sassily, annoyed with him.

"There's something I've been wondering about..."  Gray replied, his arms crossed as he leaned back in his chair.

"Eh?"  Wendy replied softly, turning to him along with the others.

"Remember when we went to that weird church or whatever, back when we faced Virel those months ago?"

Erza slammed her fist into her left palm in remembrance.  "Ah, yes!  The Ceremonial Temple was its name, was it not?"

Gray nodded eagerly.  "Is it a possibility that he took Lucy there?"

"But why would he?"  Happy asked.  "It's in ruins now, isn't it?"

"Crap, that's right..."  Gray muttered, annoyed.

"Hold on a minute..."  Charle replied, and everyone all turned their defeated expressions to the female exceed.  "...Remember when we found Lucy?  She was on the road that connected us back to town."

"What's your point?"  Elfman asked, impatient.

Charle looked around the room at them sternly.  "If we looked at the direction Lucy was laying, it was in the same direction the ruins used to be, right?"

"I guess..."  Gray muttered, unsure.

Charle began to get impatient.  "What if Lucy had gone to the Ceremonial Temple when she had left?  What if Virel had first found her there?  It makes sense."

"That's a huge possibility!"  Happy exclaimed, astonished.

"It's the only place we have to start our search."  Makarov replied, his voice low.  "It's a good place to begin."

They all nodded determidly.

As the silence stretched on for a few more seconds, they heard Natsu stir, and they turned to face him.  Slowly, as if reviving from hibernation, Natsu lifted his heavy eye lids.  The last thing he had remembered was Cana approaching him as he sat stuck to the wall, after Lucy had---

Natsu sucked in a tight breath.  

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed, jumping straight upright.  "Where is she?!"

Natsu looked around, panicked as he took in his surroundings; part of the guild in shambles, the startled looks on his comrades faces, and most of all...

No Lucy.

Natsu felt his throat clench shut, and fury overtook him in waves.  "Virel, that bastard!  I'll burn him alive for taking Lucy..."

"Oh no, he's awake!"  Happy exclaimed, nervous.

"...I'm leaving, right now!"  Natsu continued, exclaiming loudly.  "I don't care how strong Virel is!"