Making Peace - Mission One

Scene opens on Kiera, the Major and Captain Nguyen are all standing at the back of the SUV with it open. They're looking over a map that reveals that they're in New York City.

[Kiera]: "Boys, I give you Barry's home base. An Elsewhere Bubble covering all of New York City. But not Manhattan Island."

[Crowe]: "You said that he was stronger because this is his bubble...?" there's a question implied in his tone

[Kiera]: nods "Yeah... I.... it seems that the EWOCs and Elsewhere bubbles are two of a kind. Match the body to the bubble and you make both stronger. Cat lady back there was bonkers and her mental instability threw the bubble's stability off."

[Nguyen]: "So why did you have us bring this thing with?" indicates the bag with the stone cross in it.

[Kiera]: smiles "I have a theory."

[Crowe]: frowns "You have a theory?"

[Kiera]: nods

[Nguyen]: "Remember, sharing is caring." tone sarcastic. The Major gives Captain Nguyen a look that clearly says 'are you seriously doing this right now?'

[Kiera]: laughs "You're going to take this cross to this location. Once you're there, you're going to set off an explosive and destroy both epicenters, obliterating all trace of Barry Hoover's power source so that when I kill the son of a bitch, he stays dead." Both the Major and Captain Nugyen are staring at her in disbelief.

[Nguyen]: "Kiera, you're asking us to set a bomb off in New York City post 9/11?" tone light and slighly mocking

[Kiera]: "Oh it gets better. His epicenter is an old church, just like the one we stole the cross from."

[Nguyen]: gives the Major a deadpan look "I'm going to hell, you're driving the bus. But this little psychofuck is the one who paved the road." jerks thumb at Kiera

[Crowe]: "Do it Captain." Nguyen's look slides into frank astonishment "Danny, I need this guy dead. We need to know that these EWOCs can be eliminated and the bubbles forced to close. If whatever theory she has in her head works, then maybe it's something we can use to fight back."

[Nguyen]: frowns and then gives the Major a scrutinizing look "You still think they're all alive somewhere don't you? Dammit Jareth, you can't rescue them and you're just going to drive yourself to an early grave if you think it's your fault!"

[Kiera]: yelling "HEY!" Both men look at her, startled. They'd been about to come to blows again "As much as I love some army guy on guy action now is not the time!" her words shock Nguyen into laughing and the Major raises an eyebrow, a smile tweaking at his lips "Nguyen, the bomb just has to be big enough to destroy a stone cross you could crumble with a harsh glare and building smaller than most gas stations. Pass it off as a demolition, I don't care. Figure it out. Because if you don't, chances are the Major and I are going to end up every kind of dead."

[Nguyen]: glares at Kiera for a moment, then looks at the Major "There's no way you could ever mix them up. And there's no way you slept with this one and thought of the other. Give me a day to get a cover set up. I'll coordinate with the police and construction team. But you two are going to have to provide one hell of a distraction to keep Barry off my ass."

[Crowe]: "Don't worry Captain, we will. When this is all over and done with, I'll buy you that bottle of scotch you've been whining about for the last six years."