Encountering Hostiles - Mission One

Camera opens on Kiera and the Major running through the underbrush. The Major stops and fires behind them, the camera hearing snarls of pain and the sounds of many, large predators crashing through the forest just off screen. Kiera doesn’t keep running when the Major does,  she  stops and guards his back, the axe in her hands already coated with dark green ichors.

[Kiera]: huffing “This is going well.”

[Crowe]: “Aren’t you glad I made you do PT?”

[Kiera}: “Stuff the I told you so’s Jareth. You having fun yet?”

[Crowe]: “You’re f***ing mental Kiera.” Stops firing and runs with Kiera, the sounds of pursuit following.

Camera sees a creature snarl out of the side of the forest, trying to side swipe Kiera. Kiera throws herself into a forward shoulder roll, her back getting scratched up in process.

The creature now seen is not a normal Earth creature. It has a large structure, like a gorilla but a much longer, massive body. The face wasn’t primate at all, instead the head was nearly reptilian, a massively muscular tearing maw. The front arms ended in massive fists tipped with thick, gargoyle-esque claws. The hind legs were tipped by short, jagged bone claws, more for grip than tearing.

[Crowe]: "How bad are you hurt?"

[Kiera]: "God. F***. Banana. That does not feel like kisses from kittens!" pants between words.

[Crowe]: "Banana? Screw PT, after this I'm teaching you how to cuss like a grown up."

[Kiera]: "Blow me Major."

Camera sees that while Kiera and the Major banter, they are backing away from the creatures, trying to put the thick line of thorny bushes to their backs so none of the other creatures can circle around them. The creature that took the swipe at Keira is slowly stalking towards them, the rest of the group catching up. Of the original dozen, there are eight remaining.

[Kiera]: "So how're those bullets doing Major?"

[Crowe]: "Not as well as I would like. What should only take one, maybe two shots takes half a clip to slow these f***ers."

[Kiera]: "I love it when you talk dirty." voice tight with fear.

[Crowe]: "Focus."

[Kiera]: "F*** Off 'Cause Ur Stupid." confused silence from the Major. "F-O-C-U-S, focus. F***, Off, 'Cause..." trails off

[Crowe]: grins "Ur stupid, I like it."

 [Kiera]: "They're penning us in aren't thay?"

[Crowe]: nods "And they've been herding us even longer than that."

[Kiera]: "Why do they want us here do you think?"

[Hawk]: "The here doesn't matter. The what, however does."

Camera sees Kiera and the Major whirl to face Hawk, walking calmly through the creatures to stand in front of them. It is clear that he doesn't fear the Major's rifle.

[Crowe]: "Kiera, stay behind me."

[Kiera]: "Not a chance Major." Kiera steps up next to the Major with her axe in hand.

[Hawk]: "You wanted to come to us originally Kiera. Why are you fighting us now?"

[Kiera]: "I'm not even entirely certain what you are."