Ambush Tactics - Mission One

Camera sees nothing at first. There is a deep throb heard, pulse, pause, pulse, pause. A heartbeat. Pulse, pause, pulse, pause.The screen stays dark. There is a different noise besides the heartbeat now. A low snuffling, a hunting growl. Something deadly whispering in the dark.

[Kiera]: sounding terrified "Where am I? Major? Please dear god tell me that's you." voice has gained a false air of annoyance

[Growling Voice]: "I see you don't even remember to call out for me. How sad. Though it does make me wonder what's wrong with you. Everyone else, I'm the center of their world once they meet me. I am always what they want me to be. You can't even remember my name."

[Kiera]:"Oh please don't tell me I'm going to hear the man on a mission speech!" voice is scared but the words are sarcastic. "I get enough of that from Major bloody man's man Crowe."

[Growling Voice]: snarls and even though the camera can't see it, there is the clear sound of flesh hitting flesh and Kiera crying out in startled pain. "I am no man for you to taunt. We are something greater than you could ever guess."

[Kiera]: "And now you're not even making sense." camera picks up the sound of another strike hitting flesh, Kiera sounding more pained.

The camera opens on a different scene. Kiera is walking out of the hotel room, reminding the Major that she was no longer his problem, but Hawk's. The door closes and Kiera walks down the hallway, knocking on a door.

[Hawk]: opens the door, smiling "I thought you were going to bed Ma'am?"

[Kiera]: seems taken aback by Captain Hawk's mildly flirtatious tone. "Ah..uhh.. I couldn't sleep. Wanted to go be entertained by the redneck wonders of a roadhouse bar."

[Hawk]: steps out into hallway with Kiera "I'll go with you. Can I ask why Major Crowe isn't escorting you Ma'am."

[Kiera]: frowning lightly "The Major is right where he wants to be Captain. Anywhere that's not near me. And my name is Kiera, not Ma'am."

[Hawk]: walks close beside Kiera as she heads down the hall way "I didn't think my mode of address would offend you Kiera, my apologies." Hawk's arm brushes passed Kiera's and he smiles down at her while she frowns back up at him. "I'll keep you safe."

[Kiera]: opens her mouth to say something but closes it as the lights flicker, a massive peal of thunder tearing through a bare second later. "There's a glitch in the matrix, I know I've seen this before."

[Hawk]: frowns down at Kiera but she turns away from him to open up the door to the hotel room she'd left the Major in.

The Major looks up at Kiera, calmly sliding a picture back into his notebook and tucking it away.

[Kiera]: "Can I speak to you about something Major?"

[Crowe]: "Is it something you think the Captain isn't capable of handling sir?" sounds tired

[Kiera]: looks hurt for a moment, then covers it with a sardonic smile "Nevermind Jareth. I'm not going to be a bother for you anymore. Just... goodbye."

[Hawk]: smug smile "I've got her now."

[Crowe]: frowns at Captain Hawk "Don't make me remind you of your place Captain." voice is a very low warning.

[Hawk]: smile leaves his face and he blinks, taking one careful, deliberate step back and away from the Major. "Crow is too mild a name for you sir. Better to call you the waiting storm than a corvine."