Doctors, ice cream, and kisses?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hi, how can I help you?" Asked the receptionist. I didn't recognize her.

"Eleven thirty appointment for Ethen Lynch with Dr. Robison." I said giving her a small smile. She nodded and typed a few things.

"A nurse will be right out to get you. You both have a very adorable son." She said giving us both a thousand watt smile. My face flooded and I opened my mouth quickly but nothing came out.

"Don't worry darling, I had my first young too." She said then closed her window. I turned to Danny for help but he was just stifling laughter. I just shook my head and went for the chairs.

"Do I really look that old, Ethen?" I asked my little brother as he approached.

"Not a day over twenty. But you sound old." He said scrunching up his nose. I scuffed and crossed my arms leaning back. He quickly jumped into the seat next to mine and kissed my cheek.

"Don't feel bad. That one bird will bring you and Danny lots of cute babies." He said sitting back and resting his head on the wall like he just solved of the worlds problems. My jaw hung low at the words and Danny's booming laughter rang through the empty room, disrupting the one women with a toddler, who laughed with him. Something opened in my chest and I had that light feeling again. The one that made me think all of the worlds problems were solved and everything would be okay. The one were I could almost say I felt whole.

"The stork would bring us pretty cute babies, huh?" Danny teased leaning over the chair and I a bit.

"Ethen Lynch?" Our usual nurse called out. She smiled when she spotted us and threw a small, questioning glance between Danny and I as we approached.

"Hey guys, let's get your weight and height kiddo." She said in the direction on Ethen.

"Slip off your shoes and hop on the scale." She said. Ethen slide off his shoes and handed them to Danny then got on the scale happily. He really didn't mind the doctors office and loved Dr. Robinson.

"Almost seventy pounds, your growing little one. Now stand up straight against the wall until the back of your feet touch." I watched as my little brother stood as tall as he could, determined to make that inch for the carnival at the end of the summer.

"Guess what Ethen?" Ms. Doris, the nurse, asked in a hushed tone.

"You are officially four feet tall and shooting above kids your age." She said in an excited voice throwing up a hand for a high five.

"And you are tall enough for the roller coaster you always talk about." She said throwing me a small wink. She was always my nurse and now Ethen's. We share the same doctor and dad was eternally grateful for how much easier it made things.

Ethen did a small fist bump and jumped happily before asking for his shoes back politely, and for someone to tie them. He was still getting the hang of using his fingers quickly.

Danny stepped forward and squatted in front of the small, big boy that was my awesome little brother. Doris pulled me ahead and found our room before giving me a smirk.

"Well look how got a hold of a good looking kid." She said lightly bumping her shoulder with mine. She wanted details. I scuffed and rolled my eyes but answered anyway.

"He asked me to prom, I rejected him, he showed up at me house and didn't stop from there. I was a bet and we've gotten threw that, it seriosly doesn't bother me." I said giving her a reassuring look when she gave me a hurt one. She nodded for me to go on as she shuffled through the cabinet. Danny was showing Ethan another way to tie his shoes. "We were friends before, but that went down hill after mom. And I really think I'm happier." I said with a small sigh. I looked back to her as Ethen started to tie the other shoe. A grin had made it's way to her lips and she sighed as well.