Doctors, ice cream, and kisses?

Začať od začiatku

"Hey buddy, thank goodness you found me, your sister was getting hungry." Danny said quickly pointing to me and rushing out the door screaming. I could hear Ethen's cackles all the way down the stairs as he chased after Danny, scared I might try to eat him too. I chuckled to myself then poured my legs into some jeans and grabbed a tank top and flannel, probably the easiest thing to wear in the history of clothing. I slid on some socks and my shoes then went to the bathroom to handle my...business.

Once down stairs with my purse and phone in hand, I couldn't find either of them.

"Come on guys, we gotta go." I called out as I checked the down stairs only to find nothing. It was almost eleven and we had a fifteen minute drive.

"You better come out before the sissy monster gets both of you." I sang out this time. I could hear Ethen's quiet giggle from the kitchen and tore open the cabinet under the sink.

"Gotcha. Now if you tell me where Danny is, I won't eat you." I rushed out quickly, but slow enough that he could understand me. The grin never left his face as he pointed towards the stairs. We hand a small area that we used for storage since we didn't have a big attic. I raised an eyebrow but he nodded.

"I put him there cause he didn't know where to hide." Ethen said between giggles. I grinned and helped him out of the small area.

"Let's get him." I whispered as we approached the door. Ethen swung the door open as fast as he could but Danny jumped out and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Oh no, Ethen, he's got me. Help!" I cried out as Danny squeezed and lifted me off the floor.

"If you don't let her go, I'm gonna make the doctor stick you with needwles instead." Ethen said stomping his right foot and pointing a finger at Danny. Danny's eyes widened and he rested me back to the floor gently. He raised his hands above his head in defense and stepped about a foot away.

"Okay, okay, you win. I wouldn't want to cry in front of your sister." He said walked towards Ethen. Danny swooped him up and threw him over his right shoulder tickling his sides in the process.

"Sissy, help me." Ethen cried out as Danny bolted for the car. I quickly grabbed the keys and bag, tossing my phone in, in the process the raced out the door behind them. I paused once I was half way down the stairs and raced back up to lock the door.

"Come on, sweet cheeks, we're going to be late." Danny called out getting in the passenger side. I rolled my eyes at him but put just a bit more pep in my step before I hopped in the car and pulled out quickly.

11:08. We can make it.

"So why do you lock the door every time? Don't call me senseless, I get it, but even I've left the door unlocked once or twice when I was going to be late." Danny asked once I got on the main highway, it was a straight shot and left to the office. I flicked the rearview mirror down and made sure Ethen wasn't paying attention before I glanced at Danny for a second.

"One of mom's first rounds of chemo, she had to be on time and there was no being late. I was the last one out trying to find something and I didn't lock the door." I paused turning on the radio lightly. "When we came home six hours later the down stairs was trashed. Living room, kitchen, small space you were hiding in. The whole floor, I have no idea why the never sought out the up stairs. Nothing was even missing, they just trashed the place. Come to find out, it was a bailed asshole that was more than guilty and hired my father." I just shook my head and let out a bitter chuckle. Danny shook his head in understanding.

"That's a perfect reason."

I pulled up to the small practice that was more than family oriented and helped Ethen out of his seat. We were right on time with five minutes to spare, thank you lack of lunch hour traffic. We all strolled into the pretty vacant waiting area and approached the front desk.