Trainride

The train station was in the next town over, which was about twenty minutes walking distance, which in fact was what we all were doing.

I remember coming here once, a long time ago with my mother who had taken me and my brother and sister to an amusement park, which was only accessible by train. I dont remember much of it, but the train looked magnificent when I had seen it the first time.

Now I wasnt expecting the same experience for this time it was for an entirely different reason. This time it wasnt for fun, but instead sealed my almost certain death.

The sun was burning hot here on this road, and I could feel the sweat to start appearing on my body in desperate attempts to cool me down, which wasn't working all to good. No one really talked on the walk there. Maybe because it was the way the guards looked at us when we did try to speak, as if we were some prisoners or something. Or maybe it was because there just wasnt anything to talk about, and everyone had their mind elsewhere, probably still thinking of our village, our home.

Someone complained about the heat, and how far away this seemed, but whoever said that got death stares from the gaurds, which ended up shutting them up. I wasnt really listening all to much, my mind was on my brother and father.

Would they be okay without me? Would they have even known why I left, or did they just assume I decided to peace the scene for no reason? Do they miss me?

My mind came onto the conclusion that they must miss me, despite the fact that I had no clue what so ever.

We were nearing the city now, the tons colorful banners lining the outskirts of the place. The town next to our was so much bigger, much more lively, and you could hear the chatter of all the people from the city from our spot on the road. It was so big, much larger then our own, and I couldn't help but look around in envy. We soon headed in, most people looking around in shock and amazement. Most people haven't left our village at all, so this seemed so new to most of us.

Although our towns were technically neighbors, this place looked so different. Here the town center was huge, with shops lining the edges selling everything you could imagine, from silk to food to appliances. There was music coming from the stage, people singing along and dancing near the middle of it all, dancing and laughing and having a rather fun time.

The houses that surrounded the square then those of our town. Our houses were made of brick more often then not, and had to be painted over if they wanted any color.But these houses were made of something else, something smooth and cold to the touch that could be easily painted on.

Children were playing in the gardens of these houses, some running around the main path, others sitting in the shade of some of the many trees that lined the area. This town seemed to have people, no matter where you looked. So many people I had trouble adjusting to have so many people being around me.

Ive lost track of the others, that seemed to melt into the crowd, the only familiar face being that of the man behind me who pokes me with the handle of his weapon every so often if im taking to long being curious. This just is so new to me, I rarely had ever left my town even when my mom was still around, much less when she died. Shoot, I rarely left my house unless I had to, so I never got to see stuff like this.

I see the train station ahead, big and broad and shiny, with huge inviting doors and train tracks sprouting out the center like spider legs. I see a passing train, and in the windows are the higer class people, and those people only. There's no people like me on the train. I don't belong here.

To them, I must seem worthless.

I see the others, all in one group waiting, the guards looking over at everyone anxiously despite the fact that everyone seemed silent for the most part. The spot between my shoulderblades is poked with the back of whatever weapon this dude had, and he urges me to go faster.