V is for Virgin, & That's What I'll Forever Be: 12

Start from the beginning

Aiden seems taken aback with my sudden change of tone. Lianna, Seth and Ashton are all taken aback too. And so was I.

I know, I know, it must be unfair to him. He didn't do anything and I give him that attitude but I just can't help it. The more I think about what Mr. Collins said, the more I took out my anger and frustration on him.

"What's wrong with you?!" He says in a harsher voice, and I guess I deserved that.

"I.. I'm... sorry. Just-" I sighed in defeat, "Just go away, I don't want to see you."

"Fine then! Sheesh. You know what? You are so hard to understand!" Aiden says, storming off angrily.

Hot tears were welling up my eyes and I know this is my fault. If I hadn't asked Mr. Collins about it, I wouldn't feel this devastated.

Lianna half-hugged me and asked,

"What's wrong, Gabs?"

"Wow, you sure hate him that much.." Ashton reacted, making me frown. Oh great, now he'd think I'm some kind of bipolar loon who suddenly shouts at someone who hadn't done anything.

"I'm a terrible person, aren't I?" I say, my voice cracking.

All of them exchanged glances and Lia held my arm.

"Let's get you some lunch."

~

I feel awful. As we're lining up the lunch line, my glance traveled to the popular table where Aiden sat looking, angrier than before.

When the lunch lady plopped our lunches on our trays, which is mac n' cheese by the way, the four of us went to our usual corner table and sat quietly.

"Spill." Lianna demands, as soon as her butt meets the white plastic chair. "I know you hate him but there's something called pushing way too far."

"Why does she hate him?" Ashton asked, clueless.

"There was a time he embarrassed Gabs and I infront of the whole student body. Haven't you heard?" Lianna answered, making Ashton stand up. "Want me to go beat him up?" I stared at his smouldering eyes, and they were sincere, and angry at the same time. "I didn't know he's that bad." Ash sighs, "And I thought he's my friend."

Okay, this is going out of line. I don't want Ashton to end his friendship with Aiden because of me. I mean- he's out of this and he wanted to gain friends.

"It's not that, Ashton." I smiled.

"He embarrassed you, Gabs. It's not okay..." He sadly replied.

"Ashton! I said it's alright!" I replied back, feeling a little irritated, but my tone became harsher than I expected it to be, so I mumbled a 'sorry'.

I was expecting him to get mad and act like the way Aiden did earlier, shouting at me and telling me I'm crazy or something but instead, he gave me a sympathetic look and sat down. He really is nice.

"What is it then?" Lianna asked, poking the pasta with her fork.

"It's me." I sobbed, the tears suddenly streaming down my cheeks and I tried my best to cover them with both of my hands.

I felt Lianna comforting me by rubbing my back and saying, ''Shhh, it's okay. It's not your fault. He's a thick-headed jerk.''

"No no, it's all my fault! It's not even Aiden's fault if he's really smart enough not to bother studying, right?" I say, rubbing my temples, and wiping my tears with the back of my hands, making Lianna pull away from me with a 'You have got to be kidding me' face.