33) The Bathroom

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting at their table during lunch. Things has relatively gone back to normal, and Ron was feeling right as rain again. He had eaten chocolates that had been laced with a love potion, meant for Harry of course. Luckily, he was okay, even after Slughorn nearly killed him with his 'antidote'. The only problem now was Lavender. She was staring at him while Harry and Hermione talked over their meal. He was so concentrated on shaking off Lavender, he didn't realize what was happening.

"Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow," Hermione said.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again?" he asked. Hermione looked at Harry, who just shrugged in response.

"Well, she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked... I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation," she replied.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. She seems a bit...put out," he said. The three of them turned around to look at her. She had an almost frigid look on her face, and she seemed as though she was trying to keep down a rather large burp.

 She had an almost frigid look on her face, and she seemed as though she was trying to keep down a rather large burp

"Yes, um... she does, doesn't she?" Hermione said.

"You say you don't remember anything from that night. Anything at all?" Harry asked. Ron shook his head.

"There is something, I can't quite make it out. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?" he replied. Harry nodded.

"Yeah, boggled,"

Hermione looked up at the large door creaking open, and in walked Ruby. They hadn't seen her in a few days, and it looked as though she had been crying. There were white tear stains on her face, and she kept wiping at her under lids.

"Hey, there she is," she said. The boys turned around and looked at Ruby.

"She looks pretty upset. Do you think McGonagal tore her a new one?" Ron asked. Harry had a suspicious feeling that Ruby wasn't due for another detention. He stood up and ran over to her.

"Ruby," he tapped on her shoulder, and she turned around, wiping tears away from her eyes.

"Hi Harry," she tried to force a smile.

"Are you okay?" he asked. Ruby scoffed and shook her head.

"Am I okay? No, I'm not. McGonagal sat me down in her office, and she told me that I'm being transferred to an institute for troubled young wizards," she tried to hold back her cries as she spoke. Harry was confused.

"Troubled young wizards?" he asked.