20) Glass

While Harry and Dumbledore were being confronted by the ministry, everybody else was locked in Umbridge's office, being interrogated individually by the Inquisitorial Squad.

The door to the separate room suddenly swung open, and Crabbe and Goyle shoved Seamus out. He looked fuming, as though somebody had just insulted his mother.

"Alright, Dellamark. You're up next," Goyle said. Ruby rolled her eyes as she stood up, then the two boys grabbed her by the arms and yanked her inside.

They sat her down in a hard chair, and Draco stood against the wall. Ruby sighed and slumped in her chair.

"So, what is this? Good cop, dumb cop, and dumber cop?" she asked.

"You're not fooling us, Dellamark," Goyle said.

"Yeah, your wit is just a cover for your guilt," Crabbe said. Ruby looked at Draco.

"How are you friends with these egg heads?" she asked them. Crabbe slammed his hand down on the table, trying to scare her.

"We ask the questions around here!" he exclaimed.

"Is that supposed to be a scare tactic? You're about as threatening as a beach ball," she replied.

"Look, how about you stop wasting our time, talk to us, and we'll let you off easy," Goyle took the seat next to her, "Why is Dumbledore after the Minister's job?" he asked.

"You really have no idea what's really going on, do you?" she asked him.

"If you could be so kind and explain it to us," he replied. Ruby sighed, then waved him over. The two boys suddenly became excited, even Draco was intrigued. Ruby waved Goyle closer, so that they were inches away. She opened her mouth to speak, but all that came out was a belch.

Goyle tumbled back and covered his nose, while Ruby laughed hysterically. "Mate, I'm not telling you anything!" she laughed. Goyle stamped his foot on the ground like a child having a tantrum, then he stormed out of the room.

"She's all yours!" he snapped.

"Alright, let me do this," Draco said. Crabbe stood back in the corner and watched excitedly, waiting to see Draco make Ruby cry.

"Look, I don't want to be here as much as you do, but you're not getting out of here until you give us something we work with," he said.

"How unfortunate for you, because I have nothing to give," she replied.

"Come on, Ruby. After everything I've done for you, you won't do this for me?" he asked.

"What have you ever done for me?" she asked.

"Curfew last term? Ring a bell?" he asked.

"What?" Crabbe asked.

"Shut up," they both told him.

"So, just because you covered for me in the library, that means I should just roll over on my friends? To somebody who hasn't exactly been my friend these past few years," she said.

"Just like a typical Ravenclaw, puts their emotions in front of everything," he scoffed.

"Well, maybe you Slytherins ought to have a little emotion. It would make you more likeable," she said.

"You like me, don't you Ruby?" he asked.

"Not at the moment, no," she replied, "Maybe if you actually treated me with some respect and just stop being such a bigot, we wouldn't have to be here," she replied.

"I had a perfectly good excuse, I'm quite sorry if you couldn't accept it," she said.

"What kind of a prat excuse is my blood status?" she asked. Crabbe was confused.