III

-

"I can't believe try-outs are today!" Pete fretted, pacing back and forth. "What if Mikey gets sick? Or he messes up a line in his monologue... Oh God."

"Pete?" Patrick looked up from his monologue.

"Yes?"

"Please, shut up," Patrick smiled at him, kindly. "You're making me nervous, and I'm not even Mikey."

"But he hasn't even shown up yet!" Pete replied, continuing his pacing. "Mikey is never late!"

The two boys were sitting backstage, about half an hour away from the try-outs.

"Maybe he's just being held up by something..." Pete murmured, assuringly.

"Maybe..." Patrick repeated, looking back down at his monologue and repeating the words, softly. "I'd hardly call him late, Pete. We're half an hour early."

"To be early is to be on time, and to be on time is to be late," Pete retorted, sitting on a paint-can sitting on next to Patrick. "What if he got stuck in traffic? What if he misses the tryouts?" Pete grabbed Patrick's face. "Do you understand how terrible that would be?!"

"Pete, relax," Patrick replied. "He'll be fine."

"Oh, you don't know that!" Pete sighed, dramatically, flopping backwards. "I'll be fine once he gets here."

"If you don't shut up about Mikey Way I will fill your mouth with soap," Patrick sighed, trying to concentrate on memorizing the monologue.

"Fine," Pete pouted, pulling his legs up to his chest.

About fifteen minutes later, Mr. Joseph ventured into the backstage area.

"Alright, Mr. Wentz, actors only, for now," he smiled, apologetically at him. "You are welcome to sit in the audience for now, and watch the performances," he added, helpfully.

"Alright. Thank you, Mr. Joseph," Pete replied, agreeingly. As soon as he stood up, Mikey raced behind the curtain.

"I-I'm sorry I'm late," Mikey gasped, leaning on his knees. "Traffic was terrible," he sighed. He went to sit where Pete was sitting, previously.

"Good luck, Patrick," Pete smiled at his friend. "Good luck to you, too, Mikey," he added, shyly.

"Thank you, Pete," Mikey nodded to him, smiling at him.

Pete sighed as he walked from behind the stage, and went to the seats, a few rows back from the front. A few more people were sitting in random spots in the seats and Pete sat back in his chair, excitedly.

"Alright," Mr. Joseph walked from behind the curtain. "Time to begin our
auditions," he addressed the audience before jumping off the stage and going to where the other judges sat.

"First up... We have Alicia Simmons trying out for the role of Juliet!"

-

"You did absolutely amazing, Patrick!" Pete grinned. "I'm sure you'll get Benvolio!"

"Do you really think I did that well?" Patrick sighed. "I don't think I will. I messed up a little bit on the last line... You don't think they'll count off to much, do you?" He asked.

"Nah," Pete assured him. "Did you see Mikey? He did a wonderful job!"

"Thank you, Pete," Mikey's voice came from behind him.

"Oh!" Pete turned around, blushing bright red. "Mikey! You did a really great job!" He grinned.

"I hope I didn't mess up too badly," Mikey sighed.

"It didn't seem like you messed up at all, man," Patrick told him. "It looked great. You're sure to get Romeo."

"Thanks, dude. You're sure to get Benvolio," he grinned.

Suddenly, Alicia slithered up to them and hugged Mikey from behind.

"You did absolutely wonderful, baby," she cooed, kissing his cheek.

Patrick rolled his eyes at Pete who just smiled, weakly.

"So did you,  Mikey replied, turning around. "You'd make a really gorgeous Juliet."

"I will be Juliet, silly," Alicia replied. "None of the other girls were even close to my level of acting," she winked. "They'll be lucky to get the nurse," she chuckled. "Anyway, I have to go help Ms. Williams with something, so I'll text you, later, okay?"

"Okay," he replied, kissing her cheek, gently.

She flounced off, leaving the three boys to stare after her.

"Mikey, are you happy with her?" Patrick asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" Mikey asked. "Of course I am! She's every dream come true," he said, slowly. "I love her," he added, sighing gently.

"Okay," Patrick replied, turning to Pete.

"So, um, Pete, I'll see you later, tonight, right?" Mikey asked, grinning.

"What?" Pete cocked his head, heart beating fast. There was no way Mikey was asking him out or anything. Right?

"Your mom's having the book-club at your house tonight. My mom's dragging me along," he rolled his eyes, playfully. "At least there will be someone there that's my age," he grinned.

"You're... Coming over, tonight?" Pete squeaked, eyes wide.

"Is that a problem?" Mikey smirked, folding his arms.

Of course not. This was definitely not a problem. Mikey Way in his house. A problem? Pfftttt.

"No!" Pete replied, quickly. "No, I just forgot I had to clean my room after school!"

"Right!" Patrick added. "So, let's get you home, Pete!" He grabbed his arm and dragged him away from a confused Mikey.

"Dude, this is awesome!" Patrick grinned. "Do you need me to come over tonight to make sure you won't pass out?" He grinned.

"Of course not," Pete replied, brightly. "I can handle myself!"

"Good luck, man," he grinned, patting him on the shoulder.

-

"Peter, can you grab that bowl and put it on the table by the door, please?" Pete's mother clicked around the house, anxiously, in her high heels. Or as she liked to call them, her high hells.

"Yeah, mom," he grabbed the bowl full of nuts, peanuts, walnuts, almonds and cashews and set it on the table, smiling at her.

"You look great, mom."

"Thank you, dear. I can always count on you to make sure my outfit is great," she smiled. She paused, wincing a little. "Sorry, sweetie... Not because you're gay but-"

"Mom," Pete rolled his eyes. "Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm a fashionista or whatever."

"I know, sweetie," she smiled, kissing him on the forehead. "You know that Way boy is coming tonight? I know Donna has two, but I'm not sure which one is coming."

"It's Mikey, the younger one," Pete smiled.

"Yes, yes," she smiled. "Anyway, you can hang out with him in your room if you want, or you can sit in the living room. I think the ladies and I will just stick in the kitchen and the dining room," she smiled.

"Okay, thanks mom," he smiled. She grinned, and the doorbell suddenly rang, startling them both.

Well, here we go. A night spent, entertaining Mikey Way.

-

Ah Alicia's a bitch isn't she?