Chapter 2

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ears.

"6:00 p.m. Perfect!" Now, you see, when you work in crime or in Gotham, most of the , time you'll be up at night. But it's hard to tell when it's night because the clouds block the sun, so it's really always night here. I woke up and went straight to work. I fed Twinkie, and threw half a pizza in the oven. I found a pretty good outfit. I had a black long-sleeve, long black pants, flat shoes, and a grey scarf. After jumping in the shower, I did my hair and makeup. Nothing special, just foundation, some light blush, low-key lipstick and eyeliner. I attempted to brush my hair, but that would take a lifetime and a half, so I was just like "Screw it!" I was planning on going down to the orphanage to a quote unquote 'market'. Here in Arkham City, the only way to get what you need is to buy it from a blackmarket, steal, or buy it from someone. I was worried about going out, though. What if a Two Face goon saw me? They would probably kill me because they don't know I quit being Penguin's minion. I would take Twinkie, but he would probably eat someone....So no. I grabbed my purse, and slung it over my shoulder.

"Crap, forgot the pizza." I said to myself. I ran to the oven, a nd pulled it out. I found a spot in my mimi fridge, and crammed it in. After that, I decided to head out. I locked the apartment, and made my way downstairs and outside into the cold, grey world. The market itself wasn't to far, so I wasn't as worried. I started to walk down the sidewalk, towards the market. I got about a third of a mile there, when I heard boots. I wasn't paying attention, so when I turned the corner, I realized how dumb I really was.