ch. 6: Frenemy

Derek and I were running down the allies, looking for the kanima. We had been wrong. Lydia Martin wasn't the kanima, and I was probably not gonna apologize to Scott about being wrong.

Because we had to kill a kanima.

That thing was either gonna kill us, or we killed it. Because the next time it killed someone, it could've been us, Scott, Stiles, Allison, Lydia, Isaac, Boyd or Erica. I didn't care about Allison since she was an Argent, but I cared somewhat for the others.

Boyd was getting an unconcious Isaac and a paralyzed Erica back to the hideout, or otherwise, they'd be here too.

We kept running until we saw the kanima literally leap over a fence, and Derek jumped in the air, grabbing the top and flipping over the edge while I leapt off of one foot to use the other, putting my foot in one of the diamonds of the fence, and pushing up to over the top, leaping over it, Derek hitting the ground on the other side a second before I did, then we were both shifting, looking up. Derek had red glowing eyes since he was an Alpha, but I had blue, but both of us had the same other features. Canines, facial hair, pointed ears, the triangle of hair on our foreheads and sometimes our faces would be a little scrunched.

Then we were running after the kanima again.

There was a bridge that he ran under, and we followed after him, past the arches with the many, many posts that kept the bride from collapsing.

The trail seemed to disappear. I didn't think the kanima had a scent. Once you lost sight of him, you couldn't follow him. With no scent, you couldn't track it. Once you lost it, you were out of luck.

Both Derek and I slowed, stopping. I looked around, still sifted. "Where'd it go?"

Derek didn't answer, shaking his head, and he was still sifted too.

Feet were falling to the ground behind us, a hiss that we had only heard from the kanima sounding as we turned around. Derek growled and I ran forward. The kanima pushed me back into one of the posts, and as it stood and tried to punch me, I leaned my head back enough to where he would miss, and when he tried again with the other hand, I repeated the same thing. And then again.

When it tried to claw me, trying to nick me with the venomous claws, I ducked and spun around him, ending up on the other side, and he turned after me.

Wait. Was it a he? Derek and I had been completely convinced that it had been either Jackson Whittemore or Lydia Martin because Derek had bit Jackson and Peter had bit Lydia, nothing happening to either of them, but Jackson had been affected by the venom, but Lydia hadn't.

No time to think about it now.

The kanima stepped closer to me, and Derek blocked his way when it had, and he flipped, literally stepping off of the ground and pushing his legs to kick him in the face, using it to flip back, and then landing on the other side in a crouched position. 

I looked up and growled at the kanima, running forward, punching forward with my right fist. The kanima ducked out of the way, and my fist went straight through the corner of the cement wall/post, making it crumble and break in the spot I had punched it.

That was enough to distract me and have the kanima grab me around the waist, pushing me to the ground.

That was when Derek got to fight against him again, picking up a piece of metal to block every hit that he had got from the kanima, blocking the venom, and from dying, and the kanima kept at it, punching and trying to claw past the metal and making Derek back all the way to the post behind him.

The kanima leaned forward to Derek, screeching right in his face, and in response, Derek growled at him, using the metal to push him onto the ground, then threw it to the side.