ch. 4: Abomination

The only ones that were doing anything right then were Derek, Isaac and Erica. I already knew all of this, and Boyd didn't really want to do any of it.

But seeing Issac run, jump and get knocked down to the ground by Derek again and again was completely insulting to werewolves. Yes, Derek was an Alpha, and stronger and faster than any Beta, but this was ridiiculous.

Isaac went at it again, taking in a deep breath as he jumped, flipping over the obsticle in front of him, and then kept on going. He jumped over another, going to a poll in front of Derek, putting both feet on to boost straight toward Derek, who just meerely put his hand on Isaac's chest and threw him to the ground.

And that repeated. Once. Twice. Three times. Four. Five.

Erica was on top of the wall behind him, trying to surprise him, but he saw that coming, turning and throwing her onto the ground next to Isaac. "Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictible?" he asked.

Erica stood. throwing herself onto Derek, her legs wrapping around his waist, her hands around his head and in his hair while she kissed him hungrily.

Then Derek was taking her legs and throwing her down next to Isaac again. "That is the last time you do that."

"Why?" she askd. "'Cause I'm a Beta?"

Boyd was getting up from the stairs, standing behind Isaac and Erica now. "No," Derek said. "It's because I have someone else in mind for you."

I got up from the stairs, walking forward. "Are we serious with these kids?" Isaac, Erica and Boyd looked at me with hurt expressions. "Sorry, but the last I checked, I'm younger than them, and I can fight better than they can, I am stronger than they are, and I know how to survive without getting myself killed. And, in case you've forgotten, anything less will not only get us both killed, but them killed too."

"Derek," Isaac said, looking from me to him, like he was waiting for him to defend him, Boyd and Erica. "Aren't you gonna say something?"

I looked over to Derek, crossing my arms over my chest as I waited for him to contradict me.

Yeah, he didn't.

"Yeah," Derek said. "She's right."

Isaac made a face that almost said oh. "Well, okay then. But are we done now? I've got a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal."

I looked to Derek with an even more annoyed and exasperated expression, and he gestured with his hand for me to do whatever I wanted to do. I smirked as I walked closer to Isaac, making a fake sypathetic face and bending down next to him.

Then I took his arm. "Okay?" I took it and gave it one sharp twist, like the time I had broken Scott's hand in our old burned and broken house. I had twisted so hard that the bone broke, and it made Isaac turn away from me with a scream, leaning his head back against my knee. "Hundred and one."

"You think I"m teaching you how to fight?" Derek asked them. "Huh? Look at me!" I turned Isaac's head toward Derek, and then I looked at Boyd and Erica with slightly raised eyebrows, challenging them to fight against me, but they didn't, seeing what I could do, and they turned to look at Derek. "I'm teaching you how to survive."

I let go of Isaac, tossing his hand to the floor as I got up and walked past Derek, and when I turned back, I saw that Isaac was glaring at me, then Derek. "If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?"

"I don't know," Derek said. "But they're planning something. And you especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."