Chapter 22 ♪ City Lights

Start from the beginning

"I'm not drunk?"

Audrina laughed, shaking her head side to side. So he was a denial drunk that refused to believe he was drunk? how typical of him, she should have saw that coming.

"You are drunk, Chris."

"Why do you think I am, because I'm drinking my whisk?"

Audrina was trying to hold in her laughter but she couldn't, her mouth opened and laughter came out of it uncontrollably, which confused Chris even more so he turned down the music and watched her curiously.

"Whisk?" she laughed. "oh Chris, poor drunk Chris."

"Whiskey is such a long word," he complained with a groan as he leaned his head back. "so I nicknamed it whisk."

"A long word? Coming from the man that titled one of his songs Immaculate Misconception and uses words like mutilated and reincarnate and a lot other words."

"They are not long words!" he argued, she shook her head side to side with a grin. It was really pointless to argue with him while drunk, he was worst drunk than sober with his bickering. He pushed himself up from the couch and stumbled slightly, fighting to keep his balance then made his way to the kitchen to find a snack. Audrina watched him, making sure he didn't run into a wall or trip and poke his eye out on something. "Audrina?"

"Yes?" she responded, turning around in the recliner to face the doorway to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry that I got into your phone without letting you know first." he slurred, Audrina's lips drifted into a frown slightly. But she swallowed hard, feeling the lump slide down.

"It's fine." she replied, suddenly Chris appeared at the doorway and stared at her.

"Are you crying?" he asked, Aurina rolled her eyes then lifted her head to look at him.

"No I'm not crying!" she exclaimed with a smile, he chuckled then stumbled towards the couch with a jar of honey roasted peanuts. He dropped down onto the couch then opened the lid and took a handful of peanuts, putting them all in his mouth while Audrina watched with a strange look on her face. She didn't know he liked peanuts, surely peanuts and alcohol didn't go well together. "that can't be good."

"What?" he asked, looking at her.

"Peanuts and whiskey."

"Try it," he insisted and held the bottle towards her. She hesitated, telling herself not to and this irritated Chris severely. He sighed loudly. "I can't be the only one drinking here, Audrina. It's not like you're underage, you're over. Now drink."

Chris was right, she was over twenty one and could drink whenever she wanted to. She grinned softly then leaned forward and wrapped her fingers around the glass bottle, leaning back into her seat. She took a deep breath and turned the bottle up, taking a big chug. Her face twisted with disgust once the liquid slid down her throat, leaving a burning sensation behind.

"God, it's terrible." she groaned, gladly giving the bottle back to him.

"Yeah, but it's a perfect treatment after a fight."

He shrugged his shoulders and took a chug himself while Audrina watched him.

"Please tell me you won't become a drunk while I'm here? I will leave you."

"I'm not going to become a damn drunk," he slurred then became silent when he recognized a song playing over the sound bar. He stood up and stumbled towards the entertainment center to turn up the volume so Moves Like Jagger could play louder. "I love this song!"

Audrina's eyebrows raised in shock, who knew Chris liked something by Maroon 5? She didn't. She watched as he started to sway his hips from side to side in a dance motion, causing her to giggle. This was going to be interesting because if he breaks into a dance, she knew it couldn't end well, because for one he was already having a difficult time keeping on his feet. He danced his way towards her and held out his hand, but she shook her head side to side.